Netfix

I had a Netflix subscription for back in 2009 and 2010. I cancelled it when I ran out of movies to watch. During those years the quality of their streamed movies was less than DVD quality.

Well, I got pulled back in with a 30-day free trial and I gotta say I am very impressed with the movies they have available. I was able to find 10 or so to add to my queue in just a couple of minutes. I watched one movie that was offered in HD 5.1 and I felt like the quality was pretty much what I expect from a bluray. Another thing I noticed is that the streaming didnt get interrupted once.

So at $8/mo I think it will be worth it for a few months at least.

My wife and I were just talking about this last night, we stream through our ps3 video/audio quality is good there just doesn't seem to be any good movies any more. I don't know if I have to update something or what but there seems to be more kids movies then movies for us.

Amazon prime is pretty decent too. My wife likes Hulu for TV shows since that usually gets the new stuff way quicker. Yes, we have all 3 options =^P We don't have cable tho, so streaming is all we do. I haven't had the no movies to watch problem, but again I also watch a lot of documentaries and tv shows and most of the movies I watch I get on bluray or DVD. I can see someone running out of movies to watch tho if all you have is the streaming option on Netflix.

Even with Netflix + Hulu, there is a ton of money to be saved if you can do away with cable. It's definitely what I plan on doing. I got the old Verizon unlimited data plan as well, so it's even nicer being able to turn my phone into a mobile hotspot, I can do away with the cable company entirely. Not exactly sure what I am going to do when Football season starts though, I can't miss my beloved Michigan Wolverines.

Does anyone know of any other 1080p streaming service?

I use VUDU as well and agree on the streaming quality. Another one I use that is of equal quality is CinemaNow. Prices are a little cheaper per rental and a very good selection of movies including up to date new releases.

Even with Netflix + Hulu, there is a ton of money to be saved if you can do away with cable. It's definitely what I plan on doing. I got the old Verizon unlimited data plan as well, so it's even nicer being able to turn my phone into a mobile hotspot, I can do away with the cable company entirely. Not exactly sure what I am going to do when Football season starts though, I can't miss my beloved Michigan Wolverines.

Seems I heard verizon is getting rid of that old plan?

Seems I heard verizon is getting rid of that old plan?

Wow, looks like they will eventually force me into their tiered data model. That's not cool because I use over 10gb a month and would increase my bill by 50$+ per month. I guess it's a good thing I just renewed my contract earlier this year, hopefully by the time I can upgrade again, they will offer another unlimited data plan or I will have to go with someone else.