Gettin There

ChipByrd

I have received so much help from this site, I thought I would shoot some pictures of my setup. My son moved out last year and my wife said I could set up a two channel listening area in our basement. I still have some upholstering to do and attach the room treatments, but I am getting there. My next project is to build some diffusers. Thanks for all the help and advice.

post-54498-13819739986844_thumb.jpg

post-54498-1381977063974_thumb.jpg

post-54498-13819797794416_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys,

As I said, I am still shifting the absorption panels and they need to be upholstered, but the sound is truly amazing. Then comes diffusers...

BTW, about a month ago I asked about stands for the Fortes. I spent many hours moving them back and forth--closer to the wall farther from the wall--up tight in the corners--flat on the ground without the risers and up to about 6" higher than my current set up--I ended up building stands that are 14" off the ground. They are 26" from the side wall and 25" from the rear wall. The soundstage is awesome.

Again, thanks.

Chip

Looks Like a great setup Chip, but one word of advice. Try to get that glass covered up asap. The more you listen the more fibers you may have floating around.

What I did was build the panels and cover them first. Then you can play around as long as you like with placement.

You have a nice setup there. The panels will only make it that much better. Enjoy the setup.