The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

On 12/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, jjptkd said:

I read Ray Kroc's book "Grinding it out" years back, it went a little different than the movie. I was almost sickened by the movie, seemed very anti-capitalistic to me. 

If you feel that way about the Founder, you will not like Detroit, about the 1967 Riots. The female director made those cops look stupid and Evil. I was 12 years old at the time and had moved to a safer Detroit neighborhood about a month before all that happened.

Any way my good friend and mentor was a young cop on duty at the time, in charge of several National Guardsmen and said that Hotel was full of drug users, whores, pimps and drug dealers. Yet the movie INCORRECTLY portrayed the Hotel dwellers as totally innocent people. PUHLEASE!

The Detroit Riots  all started when a "Blind Pig" was busted where all the people there were BREAKING THE LAWS and all the cops were simply doing their job ARRESTING CRIMINALS!! Then everyone started breaking windows and stealing everything they could carry from the stores. With this gross, one sided, misrepresentation of the truth, the leftist agenda is clearly alive and well in Hollywood!

Bottom line, almost all the businesses began an Exodus to the Suburbs after that. No one wants to be around people who are destroyers and thieves, so the "money"  moved out of Detroit. The rest of the history is there for all to see.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@MarkPayton Too violent for my tastes. 

For a war movie based on a true story, really not "that" violent or gory.

45 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

How about something with great sound, but not a musical.  Surely there is some standard setter.

Wow, let me think.

LFE to the max, "Flight of the Phoenix".

"Jurassic World"

Any "Transformers" movie

"U-571"

"Master and Commander"

Any "Underworld" movies

"Super 8"

"9"

Bill

OK Willlllllllllllllllllllland, you gave me a seemingly infinite number of choices because Jurassic Park and Transformers seem to have as many different versions as I will buy. But the older kid wants to be a paleontologist, so Jurassic Park seems like the winner.  I know that an attorney gets it in the first one, so that is out.  But Amazon has a freakish deal on all four volumes for $27.51 including sales tax and delivery  so I just ordered them, but that first disco will have to just be our little secret.

@willland I just figured out  your name, which should show who is really confused here. I can out confuse anyone.  Based on your recommendation, I just ordered the Jurassic Park set from Amazon.  And just to prove how confused I am, that made me realize that I have no blu-ray player, which seems somewhat helpful to play a blu-ray disc. So now you made me buy a Samsung Blu-Ray player.  Fortunately, I am an attorney  so I can just send you a bill for my time finding and the "costs" of the player itself. I take PayPal, so that will make it easy for you.

• Like 1