Projector suggestions

HAmmer32261

I'm going to be watching this thread. My projector is working well for now and I still have a good 800 hours left on the rated life of the bulb but it is pretty old tech now and when the time comes to replace the bulb, I hope I am in a place money wise to replace the whole projector. This should be interesting but I suspect that you will not get many objections to the Panney, they are fairly popular.

• Moderators

The AE-8000 looks to be an upgrade from my AE3000u. I've had absolutely no problems with my 3000u and it looks fantastic as long as you have a light controlled room. It would not be a bright enough in a room that had a lot of ambient light.

I have been using the AE-4000 for about a year now and have been very pleased with its performance. I'm not a fan of the current 3D technology, so chose it over the 8000. The AE-8000 was coming out when I made my purchase. I'm sure the 8000 will be a good choice. Research revies and reported problems to ensure you are making a wise decision. One thing you can count on is shortly after you install it, the newer, better model will come out. I have tended to look at older proven models before jumping to the latest technology.

Lots of really nice projectors to pick from. Some are really

good at some things and only ok at others. Chose the brand that has what you

want the most. After reading review after review I learned a few things. Sony is

the do it all really good projector. It’s probably not the best at any one

thing but good at everything. Jvc is the 2d movie king in an all dark room. Whenever

you read a review about a projector you always read at some point that it’s not

quite a jvc but its close or something when talking about 2d movies. But if you

have light in the room (and want to use your projector with the lights on) and

need a really bright projector espon is the king. It’s close to the jvc for 2d

and destroys the jvc when viewing with lights on. Espon also has the best warranty

in the business. If the espon 5010 had lens memory I might have got that over

the jvc rs45. This jvc is jaw dropping good so I have no regrets. [:D]

Also I had your same budget and just went through this a few

months ago. So feel free to pm me if you have any other questions getting set

up.

I am in the market for a projector also. It looks like I will be settling on the Epson 6010. I really like the both the 5010 and 6010.

I'm with ya. I will also probably be hooking up a 6010 in my shop. The 55" LED TV looks like a postage stamp. I have some dark curtains (actually Harbour Freight el-cheapo tarps) to darken the shop some. Still, there is ambient light. For that reason, I have decided on the Epson over the JVC models. I need that extra candlepower.

OK. As usual, I am changing my mind. The newer Epson 5020UB has a much higher contrast ratio than the 5010. I am tending to lean in it's direction. I can get one for about $2,900 delivered. I may find it cheaper as I shop...

Projector Central has the Epson 5020UB for $2,599 delivered, and in stock. I'm leaning to it more than the JVC due to the ambient light conditions in my shop.