So Who's Going To Face Alabama In The BCS Championship Game?

Don Richard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later today at 3PM Central time is the Georgia/Alabama game. The winner to face Notre Dame in the Championship Game. Who's gonna be watching?

I'll be watching... My schedule includes the ou/TCU game, followed by the Georgia/Alabama game and ending with the Texas/Kansas contest. Somehow, in the mix, I'll be playing some good music.... lol...

I'm gonna grill some meat and make a party out of it. This is really going to be the National Championship game as either team can beat ND.

Don, You have a lot of condifence in either Alabama or Georgia beating Notre Dame. Why so?

I'm gonna grill some meat and make a party out of it. This is really going to be the National Championship game as either team can beat ND.

Don, You have a lot of condifence in either Alabama or Georgia beating Notre Dame. Why so?

Perhaps it's because they've played better opponents.

Purdue 20-17, Pitt 29-26 (3OT)? ND might be for real, but they've yet to prove it.

Because they are in the SEC, which is the toughest conference in college ball right now. In the BCS rankings 6 teams in the top ten are SEC. Actually, any of those SEC teams would beat ND. ND is highly overrated, played a cupcake schedule this year, and is a media darling mostly because they were a perennial powerhouse, what, 70 - 80 years ago. "Lets just win one for the Gipper" happened back in the roaring 20s.They had a tough time beating USC recently and USC played a freshman quarterback who never started a game before. And the sportswriters along with ESPN are tired of the SEC winning the National Championship the last 6 years in a row. They desperately want someone in another conference to win the CFBNC, but that's highly doubtful this time around.

Perhaps it's because they've played better opponents.

Purdue 20-17, Pitt 29-26 (3OT)? ND might be for real, but they've yet to prove it.

Could be true... However, ND did stuff ou, in Norman, earlier this year.

Also, Alabama did play a better team.... a&m.

Because they are in the SEC, which is the toughest conference in college ball right now. In the BCS rankings 6 teams in the top ten are SEC. Actually, any of those SEC teams would beat ND. ND is highly overrated, played a cupcake schedule this year, and is a media darling mostly because they were a perennial powerhouse, what, 70 - 80 years ago. "Lets just win one for the Gipper" happened back in the roaring 20s.They had a tough time beating USC recently and USC played a freshman quarterback who never started a game before. And the sportswriters along with ESPN are tired of the SEC winning the National Championship the last 6 years in a row. They desperately want someone in another conference to win the CFBNC, but that's highly doubtful this time around.

Points well taken... However, (and I am not a great fan of ND), I think they will put up a better game, in the NCG, than most will expect to see.

Mark, Georgia played one hell of a game and showed up BIG. Screw that reporter that said Coach and Murry seemed to slump during the big ones. Those kids played their hearts out and any REAL football fan could see that. Great game in my humble opinion. Whoever plays the Bulldogs on a bowl game are gonna be in trouble.

What does it mean that the odds makers give ND 9 points?

To entice bettors to wager on ND they "give" ND a 9 point head start for betting purposes. Bama has to win by 10 points or more for those who bet on Bama to win the wager. If they win by exactly 9 points it's a push - no one wins or loses. If the final score is an 8 point or less difference in favor of Bama, those who bet on ND win the wager. If ND wins outright, of course those who bet on ND win their bet.

The line tends to shift depending on how much money is going to each team. If the betting is lopsided the bookies will adjust the line so that more $$ will go to the other side and their books will balance. The bookies aren't gambling. They want equal wagering on both sides and they collect a commission, usually 10%, for brokering the deal.