Out of Body Experience: Best Buy and Tubes

thebes

A neighbor told me about this machine he saw in Best Buy last week. It had big shiny pieces of glass and glowed green like some 1950's atomic radiation machine. Also said they had had these Lazy Susan's twirling around, but no food or condiments on them.

Intrigued , and being near there today, I stopped into Best Buy's newest store, open less than a month. These vague clues and my usual brilliant deductive reasoning soon brought me to the entrance of "Magnola", Best Buy's store within a store for "high-end", ie usually mid -market, gear.

Wasn't much of a challenge, because in the middle of the entrance to Magnolia is a Mac 275 tube amp, running into some electrostatic speaks with uber fancy cable, pricey power supply and a Mac preamp which I forgot to identify. Probably $15 to $20K and it sounded like a Bose marketing display, all bling, no substance, legal or illegal. It's a shame because the speask had possibilities, despite the distortion they were throwing off, and Mac gear, well it's Mac gear.

Wandered around inside and was surprised. Lots of Mac, Arcam, good Pioneer, fancy revival Marantz, and 3 project turntables and a Marantz turntable. In other words,a borderline-to-actual audiophile experience.

Had a Costco roast chicken slowly baking in the the trunk of my car, so I didn't stay long. Well maybe too long cause now I got the trots. Still, much, much better than I thought, despite the fact the no longer carry Klipsch.

Uh oh, got to go.

Had a Costco roast chicken slowly baking in the the trunk of my car, so I didn't stay long. Well maybe too long cause now I got the trots. Still, much, much better than I thought, despite the fact the no longer carry Klipsch.

Costco chicken.... Excellent...

I agree........we eat one a week, and then use the bones for chicken stock. That $5 chicken is hard to beat.

I agree........we eat one a week, and then use the bones for chicken stock. That $5 chicken is hard to beat.

I apologize for this new direction.... However, I have a Costco deep dish pizza, doctored up, in the oven right now.

Lots of Mac, Arcam, good Pioneer, fancy revival Marantz,

Arcam is very good in my book -- I run it through Polk L7si's for my Sony 32" hi-def TV sound, which is actually quite demanding for accuracy and musicality. It sounds really very good to me.

8 lbs of bones

2 lbs of mirepoix

Handfull of fresh parsley

12 whole peppercorns

2 gallons cold water

Bring to a boil, then barely simmer for 4 hours.

Strain. Throw solids away.

Put stock into ziploc bags or containers of choice/

Use now or freeze for later use.

jerol

8 lbs of bones

2 lbs of mirepoix

12 whole peppercorns

2 gallons cold water

jerol

Hell yes, now we're talkin'! [;)]

8 lbs of bones

2 lbs of mirepoix

12 whole peppercorns

2 gallons cold water

jerol

Hell yes, now we're talkin'! Wink

Howdy, what is the dosage for the trots?

Well, i'm just thankful there are no "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes in this thread.

It's high time this forum took a stand and allow chickens to cross the road without their motives being questioned!

Marty, first time you've fibbed on this forum? Be careful. [li]