NOSValves NBS Preamp

garymd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that would be great. What speakers do you have available? I was just checking the Chicago show in March and the Audio Karma show today. But a Vegas show might be real cool. What show is in Vegas in January? Of course at this point it would have to be next year.

Wow P38's now that is interesting. Are we talking CEC? If so that is way out of my league. I'd have to spend 10 years advertising budget for one show LOL!! Actually about 100 years since I really have no advertising budget. I'm a small personal service type guy and I kind like it that way. But I sure appreciate the offer!

Guest David H

I think he is talking about T.H.E. Show or "The Home Entertainment Show", BTW I checked into the room pricing $3800 for the small room.

I was trying to get a room myself, hopefully the rooms at THE Show Newport are a bit more reasonable.

Dave

I think he is talking about T.H.E. Show or "The Home Entertainment Show", BTW I checked into the room pricing $3800 for the small room.

I was trying to get a room myself, hopefully the rooms at THE Show Newport are a bit more reasonable.

Dave

WOW. I had no idea the rooms at THE Show are so expensive.

You'd be shocked at the cost of doing any of the large shows and not just in the display room costs. For a business like mine that already has enough work investing in getting more is just a crazy thing to do unless you are in expansion mode which I am not. I like things just the way they are....

Guest David H

You'd be shocked at the cost of doing any of the large shows and not just in the display room costs. For a business like mine that already has enough work investing in getting more is just a crazy thing to do unless you are in expansion mode which I am not. I like things just the way they are....

I know the feeling, I have enough work. I would however like to get some ears and comments on my new projects.

I have worked several events in the past, even at RCX the booth cost was 20% of the cost of the rooms at THE Show.

Dave

Yea, you have to keep your eye on the ball. o into expansion mode and you might not enjoy the work anymore, and then why do it?

The rooms are probably so expensive because the whole city gets booked up during CES so all rooms are expensive during that week.

Thanks Edwin! Good to hear from you! I would have replied earlier but I have been in a battle with the flue for the last few days well actually a week. I've had it twice so far this year. My wife skated through both of them without getting it. She works in health care and is required to get a flue shot. I'm sold on those now. I think she is bringing the bugs home from work to me since I don't get out in the public to much myself.

I'm happy to report I have received a few more orders then my minimum to get this project lauched so it is a go!! It sure makes me feel good after spending all the time and $ it has taken to get this project just right and have so many folks jump on board to help me get it going. 2 days left to get the extra 10% off for pre-orders.

I hope you're feeling better. I'm now sold on the flu shots too. Like you, I had a couple of awful bouts last year.

Yes, a mutual friend [:)] told me of your new project. When it comes to pre-amplifiers, there's so much 'BS' around that it makes choosing a good pre-amp harder than it has to be. It's nice to be able to deal directly with the actual designer/manufacturer. I can see good things coming out of the new NBS Preamp.

Thanks for posting Gary.

And congratulations to you Craig, I wish you much success, continued success, with your company. The VRD's you made me are still playing strong [8] and making beautiful music[8][8][8]..... their sound is echoing throughout my home right now. Cheers to you....[D]

Gilbert,

Why thanks! Your pair of VRD's will always have a special place in my heart! About time for a matching preamplifier isn't it? I'm sure my wood worker Tom Keady could make a nice piano finish wood case with your favorite exotic wood type.

Craig