NOSValves NBS Preamp

garymd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it sounds like an excellent unit...........I heard Craig has a second version coming.........line stage only with tape monitor loop.........for enthusiasts without vinyl. [:D]..........and it costs about half as much.

Edit: Called TBS..........Total BS.[:D] In other words...........I was just kidding. I gave Craig a bit of a hard time because his NBS caters mainly to Vinyl folks. Maybe someday we'll see a line stage.

Because it has a phono stage I just cater to vinyl nuts? It has 4 high level inputs and an excellant line stage. If I ever do make a dedicated line stage version it will still not have a traditional tape loop so some people I know can destroy the sound with a EQ so they can have some buttons to play with [;)]. Anyone that wants me to leave the phono section out is welcome to contact me.

Would you please elaborate on your design for the phono stage? Or provide a link to where have already.

If I ever do make a dedicated line stage version it will still not have a traditional tape loop

Just to be clear, does the current design have the capability to be used with a tape recorder? I still have one and do like to record vinyl. I assume a tape loop means a tape monitor like switch.

Also, after sharing a photo of your design the question was asked about the rectifier tube aspect of your design. I am not qualified to ask this question really but I am curious just the same to understand your design choice and tube choice.

Thanks.

Brad,

It has record out that will work perfect for recording vinyl or anything else presented to the output of the source selector switch. To play back the recording you simple plug the recording device signal output into any one High level AUX inputs to hear what you recorded by selecting that source on the source selector switch.

Craig

Okay Mark you prodded me enough so its time to put up or shut up on both our parts [;)]

I will make this product in a dedicated line stage only version if you can find 5 people to pre-order for the total of 6 just like this was done. However it absolutely will not have a tape loop for EQ use. So get the 5 folks together (I already have one customer I'm building it line stage only for but at this point it will still have the phono stuff on the front and back) and we can hash out the details. Buit the product will be just this preamp with the phono option stuff remove and no I will not add a bunsh of BS other wise the name would kind of be hipocritical. My products are about the sound not things to fiddle with IMHO the more gadget crap you build in the further you get from the music. Been their done that!

I can easily tell you right now the MSRP will be $1799 and the pre-order double 10% off will apply so $1457.19 each plus shipping for the pre-order deal. You have 2 weeks to find the folks and get the $1000 down each to help me squeeze my finances and retirement fund by a minimum. I guess it doesn't matter since I will probably retire the day the burn me up and place me in a urn [:P]

Craig

Okay Mark you prodded me enough so its time to put up or shut up on both our parts Wink

I will make this product in a dedicated line stage only version if you can find 5 people to pre-order for the total of 6 just like this was done. However it absolutely will not have a tape loop for EQ use. So get the 5 folks together (I already have one customer I'm building it line stage only for but at this point it will still have the phono stuff on the front and back) and we can hash out the details. Buit the product will be just this preamp with the phono option stuff remove and no I will not add a bunsh of BS other wise the name would kind of be hipocritical. My products are about the sound not things to fiddle with IMHO the more gadget crap you build in the further you get from the music. Been their done that!

I can easily tell you right now the MSRP will be $1799 and the pre-order double 10% off will apply so $1457.19 each plus shipping for the pre-order deal. You have 2 weeks to find the folks and get the $1000 down each to help me squeeze my finances and retirement fund by a minimum. I guess it doesn't matter since I will probably retire the day the burn me up and place me in a urn Stick out tongue

Craig

Since commercial advertising now seems to be acceptable on the forum I'll take the opportunity to say that my associates and I are ready to come out of retirement to offer our services in the realm of tube electronics. We'll tackle almost anything from the restoration/repair/fabrication of tube amps and related equipment to restoration of old radios/communications equipment/ham radio equipment and lots more. To get rolling we need to take in enough work with deposits to cover the cost of the liability insurance which is unfortunately a necessity in the modern world, and very expensive. So, here's your opportunity folks. We have a couple of centuries of collective experience to offer. If enough work comes in we'll offer a nice initial discount to forum members and may even consider doing the first few jobs for the parts cost only. Email me with any questions that you have and we'll try to get up and running for you!!! Maynard