NFL Pro Bowl

Boxx

• Moderators

No it is never like a real game, i think it's dumb to have it before the super bowl anyway, what player going to the SB would take a chance on being hurt on a fluff game right before the big game ?

I read once that the game was moved to Hawaii so as to be an extra incentive for the players to participate.

They're also paid a minimum of 25K I believe. Game is crap though.

Has it always been that way? Or did I just not notice when I was younger....

They tried to move it from Hawaii a couple of years ago but everyone involved decided the excuse to go to Hawaii was too good to pass up. At 25K per player they can afford to enjoy themselves fairly well. The only league with a decent (competitive) all star game is baseball, and that's because there is actually something however obscure for some of the players and managers involved.

In contrast to the opinions in this thread, the pro bowl has the biggest tv audience of any pro all star game.

in fact, after this thread, i might just see if i can find a buddy with sat tv or cable and go over to watch the game to see the half fast exhibition. hadn't really even thought about it as something up on my radar to do. the athletes are the best of the best. To risk serious injury for $25K is a non starter. Can't even remember the last time i watched the pro bowl.