CORNWALLS ?

mctrigger

I also posted is another section.

am i crazy for spending $1,650 for a one owner pristine walnut set of Cornwalls? they are close by and he states he sold them on ebay but the guy hasnt paid yet.

or do I just hold out and keep waiting? thanks for any input.

No, not crazy at all. Pictures??????

If they are standard raw birch models with butt joint corners and black grills even in perfect shape the price is WAY TOO HIGH! If they are Brazilian Rosewood, Rambling Rose, Hard Rock Maple with the vertical horn orientation or something highly exotic or a rare old pair from the early 60's all original and in mint condition perhaps. Walnut is a very common finish. I looked at eBay completed listings for Klipsch Cornwall and did not see a pair that sold at that price.

I would say Cornwalls sell from $650 - $1100 on average and it depends on finish type, condition, original drivers, and of course location.

I did sell my rare refinished '62's on eBay a number of years ago for $1525 but that was not a common pair and they were perfect.

It is your money after all and if that is what you choose to pay go for it. Keep in mind you are in La Scala, Belle, and Klipschorn territory at $1650.

There is a really nice pair of tastefully modded La Scala's for $1200 in garage sale I would get those instead.

• Moderators

hi, thanks for all your input re the Cornwalls. i agree its to much also.

maybe i'll ck back with the guy in a week and see if he actually sold them.

going to look at a set of really nice cornscallas this weekend for around 1200.

thanks again

Can't really blame him, i would have a very hard time selling myself even at a really high price, but that doesn't mean you should pay that. For that price you could easily find a rough pair and pay to have them re veneered to look unbelievable.

• Moderators

Colterphoto1 ; " Do I really need Blu-ray or High-Def? Half the time I watch without my glasses anyway... "

That's funny, about a year ago I was watching tv thinking ours must be dying, it was not looking very good especially for supposedly HD, [:@] I accidentally sat down to watch after reading and I forgot to take my glasses off. It was like a slap in the face, I sat there stunned, I thought I only needed them, for reading, NOT true anymore. [:$]

Good point Michael.