Ebay/Paypal FYI

Fish

This may be common knowledge but I didn't know. I am not a seller but just a guy that sells something ocassionallyI have sold on ebay several times over the years. I have 100% pos after about ten years ebay and paypal, never an issue. I have sold several thousand dollars worth of goods with great feedback on quick shipping and packing. I just sold a about $150 worth of goods and ebay said we're gonna hold funds for a few weeks until everybody(but me) is happy. I called paypal and they said it's new policy. Of course no more selling items like my last $2000 item, shipping, then hoping to get me money sometime. Like I said, just FYI cause I did not know.

They've been doing that for a while now. At least to me. As I recall it's a 21 day hold on the funds or until the buyer places positive feedback or the seller proves delivery. I think it's limited to only certain catagories with "electronics" being number one.

This is the biggest reason that after 12 years of selling on eBay they no longer get any of my $$.

I have several antique and collectable items that I'd like to sell but would prefer to NOT use eBay. I'm on the hunt for other venues.

The hold is for infrequent sellers.....if you have a predetermined volume of selling...theres no hold. I'm more troubled by the implied no questions asked 45 day return policy. You can buy an item....use it for 44 days....and on the eve of the 44th day initiate a not as described claim and request a shipping label....as soon as tracking shows delivery of the shipped box...you get a full refund. The box could contain anything...the seller doesn't get to vaildate a return and inform ebay to go a head and issue a refund. Terms that you see that say no returns on ebay or no fefunds, or issues have to be reportd in 3 days, are all bull. You have 44 days 11 hours to make a not as discribed claim....and the less you say in the claim...the better off you are.

I didn't know they did this to anybody (I had heard it was planned). I don't ship until I get paid, my paypal account is not tied to a bank, and I keep it as empty as I can. When I first read about that plan, somehow it changes the type of transaction (to the CC company) and makes it so no one can file a CC dispute. It gives paypal 100% authority.

i never shipped until got paid, but never had problems with funds getting to paypal account, even though took few weeks for them to become available I still received my money into my account just dont understand how some transactions show up or become available to put into my account faster than others.