WTB: Horn subwoofer

wuzzzer

After browsing a lot of the tapped horn sub threads on here I'd really like one myself. I think I would royally screw up anything I attempted to build myself so I'm looking to see if anyone on here has one they're wanting to part with. I'm going to be moving my system to the basement and with the layout of my basement living room I'll have a huge area to put a sub. Open available dimensions of the spot where the sub would be going are 90" wide, 26" deep with 7 foot ceilings.

I have some time off of work at the end of March and wouldn't mind driving a bit to pick up the sub. Whatever sub I get would have to be able to fit inside a 4 door Jeep Wrangler.

I have a pair of Titan 48s I would sell. Bill Fitzmaurice designed subs. Not tapped horns like Danleys but excellent, high efficiency, very clean sounding horn sub-woofers. They have 15" Eminence KappaLite neodemium woofers in them. If interested, plese email. I seem to miss the PMs.

After browsing a lot of the tapped horn sub threads on here I'd really like one myself. I think I would royally screw up anything I attempted to build myself so I'm looking to see if anyone on here has one they're wanting to part with. I'm going to be moving my system to the basement and with the layout of my basement living room I'll have a huge area to put a sub. Open available dimensions of the spot where the sub would be going are 90" wide, 26" deep with 7 foot ceilings.

For music or HT?

mark1101 - At this time I'd like to limit my travel to a day's drive from Minnesota. I'll keep you in mind though if need be.

I'm pretty 50/50 music/movies so at this point I don't have a strong preference one way or the other.

I concur on the Fitzmaurice idea.Great way to get maximum sub-woofer for the buck. I am currently having a THTLP built by an approved builder from the BFM site. Supposed to pick it up Wednesday, I'm all goose-bumpy! Go to Bill's site, I'll bet he has an authorized builder near you. Great forum too.

I concur on the Fitzmaurice idea.Great way to get maximum sub-woofer for the buck. I am currently having a THTLP built by an approved builder from the BFM site. .

The bang for the buck factor normally applies if you build it yourself and don't have to pay labor. Once you pay someone to do it for you, they're not as cost effective.

I just got my THT LP back from my buddy who built it for me. Only had it now for less than 2 weeks and its not even dialed in yet but I can tell you it blows away the SVS NSD PB12 I had before it. Even after paying my guy I have less in it than the cost of the SVS. It's not even a close comparison. I even went with a fairly small box....18x18x72 with a Lab12.