FBI ransom virus

dtel

I successfully use the correct tools for the job at hand, in this case it was one similar to this one but with a wider variety of connections with no jumpers needed. I've use it before with no problems at all. Besides, it was a laptop.

Of all the posts I've ever read of yours, none of them have been helpful much less on target so it would be best for you not to insert all the unfounded condescension.

Don't get your panties wadded up, it's only Jay.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I successfully use the correct tools for the job at hand, in this case it was one similar to this one but with a wider variety of connections with no jumpers needed. I've use it before with no problems at all. Besides, it was a laptop.

Of all the posts I've ever read of yours, none of them have been helpful much less on target so it would be best for you not to insert all the unfounded condescension.

Don't get your panties wadded up, it's only Jay.

Don't worry I won't post a picture of my sheepskin if provoked

• Moderators

I use Avast with no problems.

dtel, shoot it once for me.

It's broke for sure now.

The first shot mostly went over the top, the second went in the center and opened the side, which was convenient.

post-11804-13819829724052_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Attaboy. Bet that was satisfying.

It was after 2 days of fighting with it.

AVG is installed and Norton is removed and classic shell is installed and working well.

The only problem is I have to hit F12 and reset the browser mode to 9 to be able to sign on here and back to 10 to get to my email. It keeps going back to 10 automatically so only when I want to sign in here really ?

Everything else is doing fine I just have a lot to learn with the new photo program Photoshop Elements 11. I had Elements 6 but of course it would not work with windows 8 so I had to switch. [:S]

They don't realize I am old and do not like new tricks. [8-|]

• Moderators

Well I thought I added the AVG free program but it turns out all of the AVG programs except the 2013 program has problems with windows 8.

So when I put the windows 8 version because it was the only one recommended for 8, not noticing it's not free, I have like 25 day until it expires.

So I need to look around

This is when I threw it out onto the cement, this was after two days and trying everything I could find online including a disc that was scan and help, it also would try to start and be shut down.

Those viruses can be frustrating[:@]. My child in college broke her computer so I got her a new one. Window 8, she was throughly frustrated with it the first week. Now I think she is getting the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...

In a unrelated sort of related way, I would recommend all computer users to get rid of Java if they can. Its such a crappy risky plugin to support for any browser that opens your computer to a whole host of attacks that a anti virus software won't stop. Oracle sucks.

I have to use Java for one site's program. Explain what you mean? How is it any worse than Adobe?