OPPO BDP-105 Ordered

TasDom

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang You!!!.....LOL, congrats man im soooo jealous im hoping some time this summer will be my tv upgrade and new Oppo purchase but the jetski upgrade comes first, too many hobbies!!!. Update this with your impressions even though Oppo reviews never seem to be negative from what I have seen.

Tasdom, sorry to say but I just checked and your new Oppo is not compatible with the rest of your equipment, I guess you should just send it to me. LOL

Haha, scared me a little when I got to the not compatable part. I'll send you a picture.[:P]

reference_head,

Wouldn't the settings you came up with on your 103 be the same for a 105?

By option choices, I mean things like running Directv HDMI to OPPO or processor. Connecting my HTPC via HDMI or USB to processor or OPPO . Utilizing the analog outs or not...etc...

reference_head,

Wouldn't the settings you came up with on your 103 be the same for a 105?

By option choices, I mean things like running Directv HDMI to OPPO or processor. Connecting my HTPC via HDMI or USB to processor or OPPO . Utilizing the analog outs or not...etc...

I understand. I was asking for reference_head to chime in with his video settings that he came up with when he bought his 103. I will be getting a 105, also, in the near future, and I couldn't find where he (r_h) posted that thread. I know I have been drooling all over the Oppo site ever since I learned that they will coming out with new players. Options galore! I'm just trying to get all of the info I can from people who have the newer players to see what adjustments they made to the players and to see what translates from the 103 to the 105.

Subjective for sure but does Oppo make the best players available now? Or put another way, who competes with these guys?

From my experience(Oppo BDP-83) and countless others, Oppo mfr's the best performance-build quality-reliability/price universal player you can buy. The fact that the 105 is also a top shelf DAC, video/music streamer, and processor just adds to that title.

Bill