FOR SALE Mcintosh MC-252 and C-45 SOLD

bizzle2525

Check out my listings on ebay. These links you can copy and paste in you browser, I do not know how to make them automatically open so just copy and paste them into your browser.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321088396990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321088404892?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Phone number is 607-Three77-2025, feel free to text or call. Maybe we can work out a deal!! Also have Cornscala Style C for sale. Check them out as well

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered the Marantz AV8801. Last week I picked up the little integrated PM8004 for a bedroom system. I was so impressed with it, I figured I'd give their processor a shot. Before that I was looking for the C45 to run with the Oppo BDP-105. I'm sick of buying a new processor every other year and selling my old for peanuts. That Mcintosh won't go obsolete. Plus you get that great analog sound for music. Excellent piece.. I'm really second guessing my order now.

Tom I guess I did not think of it that way, thanks for pointing that
out. I have these for sale on ebay but if someone from the community is
interested I am open to offers if anyone wants to PM me. They can be
bought without the auction from ebay. I was just trying to reach out to
more people this way through to see if someone wanted some great stereo
equipment on what I believe a great platform and community. Thanks, anyone feel free to make an offer on these! I will separate if someone wants one or the other.

Wow, I dont understand the negativity. These amps are not even mine and I am doing a friend a favor trying to sell them for him because that is the kind of person I am. I listed the auction as a reference so people could see what I have for sale and make an offer or go from there. I thought thats what this garage sale was for to sell items that you have? Somebody please tell me if I posted these wrong. How about this, use ebay as a reference and a description, and the MC-252 is for $3600 OBO and the C45 is $2900 OBO. Thought the ebay posting would give a clear idea that my friend is trying to get somewhere around there. I would much rather sell to someone on here than through Ebay. thanks

Mcintosh MC252-$3600 OBO

Mcintosh C45-$2900 OBO

I don't see any difference in a person posting here an item that they have for sale than the many other idiots that post here daily items that others have for sale across the country that have no relevance to the poster.

You run into a$$holes everywhere you go biz. Sorry to hear of your job situation. Good luck with your sale.

Keith

So Tom's an "a$$hole" for stating the obvious. Actually, I'm tired of it too. If I want to see what's on eBay, I go to eBay. If I want to see what's on AudiogoN I go there. The purpose of this place is not to advertise deals from other places or for other people -- it was set up for users of this community to sell directly to each other. The idea was to get a first shot at something at a somewhat lower price BEFORE it got sent elsewhere.

bizzle2525,

I don't have a problem with your offering these here and on Ebay.

If you want to minimize any ambiguity to your purpose, you could be specific about what price you would offer to forum members.

Think it is a courtesy that you are offering to accept something less on the forum than you would on Ebay.

Although I agree with you all, I think we could be much more polite on informing a new member. I think it's understandable for a new member to not know all of the guidelines. He has been nothing but polite and respectful. If I hadn't just ordered a new processor I definitely would have shot him an offer for this unit. In the future it would be nice if you post here first. If you don't get any interest then off to eBay. In general the people here are very nice and helpful. I hope you continue to post here. You have some very nice equipment for sale. Welcome to the forum.

I could care less whether he has chosen to list this on eBay or wherever. That is his business.

The members of this forum are generally cordial and helpful. In that respect, it is a nice community. Other forums are not that way.

However, when you come in a list an item without a price, then you put forum members at odds with one another and create a bidding war. That changes the spirit of the community. Yes, I do have a problem with that.

Well, the Alerts Section wasn't designed for people to advertise their own auctions. I mean, if that's cool, then I think I'll start using it to move my crossovers, which would be kind of tacky, don't you agree? I'm with Tom here. If you have something for sale, list it -- with a price. The "or best offer" and using private messaging to receive offers is just another way racking and stacking numbers from the community. Another trend I'm noticing is people not letting anyone know if an item has sold or not. I was kind of interested in those Heresys. I see one respondent, "PM sent". Okay -- are they sold or not? I quit coming up here a while ago -- now I remember why. Amy used to have a sticky at the top explaining how this place worked -- who talked her into taking it down?

Well, the Alerts Section wasn't designed for people to advertise their own auctions. I mean, if that's cool, then I think I'll start using it to move my crossovers, which would be kind of tacky, don't you agree? I'm with Tom here. If you have something for sale, list it -- with a price. The "or best offer" and using private messaging to receive offers is just another way racking and stacking numbers from the community. Another trend I'm noticing is people not letting anyone know if an item has sold or not. I was kind of interested in those Heresys. I see one respondent, "PM sent". Okay -- are they sold or not? I quit coming up here a while ago -- now I remember why. Amy used to have a sticky at the top explaining how this place worked -- who talked her into taking it down?

Yes, I do agree...I was wrong.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I don't see a problem with "or best offer". To me that's just saying you're not firm in your price. We're selling used audio equipment. There's really no set prices. When you're talking vintage stuff that is sometimes modded or rough condition it's not always easy to come up with a price. If something is rare, that drives the price up as well. It's worth what someone is willing to pay. I see way too often someone list a price and is attacked if that price is too high. Or they ask $1,000 for a pair of speakers. Then someone post "I bought a pair off Craigslist for $600". I think obo is the polite way of saying I'd like XXX dollars, but if this price is too high shoot me an offer. The more people are confrontational here and make it unpleasant to sell, people will just post elsewhere. I see a lot of post I don't agree with, I just hit the back arrow and onto the next