Newer Klipsch floorstanders

mcp

I have to admit that I have always been a snob about preferring Heritage Klipsches... Cornwalls, Fortes, Heresy's, Chorus etc, but I went to buy a vintage Kenwood amp from a local seller last night and he had it hooked up and playing when I arrived. I was surprised at how great the sound was with the Kenny driving a pair of Best Buy bought Icon KF 28s. Even at low volumes, the bass was rich and authoritative.First of all, I've been listening to so many mini monitors for the past 2 years, I had forgotten what a big, full range pair of speakers sounded like. Have to admit, got me to wondering if I should try a pair of big Klipsches from the past 10 years or so...what would your recommnend? RRF series? CF? KLF? Would appreciate some comments.

I love my RF-7 II's. My wife likes them over the cornwalls and la scalas. She loves the heritgage too, but to her ears she favors the RF-7 II's.

There's been many nights where I challange her to a dual between the la scalas and rf-7's. They are in the same listening area. The sources aren't the same, but similar. We can listen to the same song back to back on the different speakers. Sometimes I admit to her that the rf-7's won, and sometimes she admits to me that the la scalas won.

There's been many nights where I challange her to a dual between the la scalas and rf-7's. They are in the same listening area. The sources aren't the same, but similar. We can listen to the same song back to back on the different speakers. Sometimes I admit to her that the rf-7's won, and sometimes she admits to me that the la scalas won.

LOL! We used to do this a lot at my house as well between the Chorus ll and RF-7s. It's funny, last night we went into the theater room to watch a movie and started poking around on Apple TV " coolest little gadget" and got side tracked listening to music for over an hour. I had forgotten how good RF-7's sounded with music. They really did sound amazing.

For the larger cf"s 3-4 they need power to sound good, a reciever will not do, these need seperate amps to sound there best at the recommened wattage

For the klf's,(20 or 30) they would be a good choice, just make sure to check the cabinets for looseness and change the highs and mids to titanium [Y]

For the rfs, i have not heard this series

hope this helps[:D]

For the larger cf"s 3-4 they need power to sound good, a reciever will not do, these need seperate amps to sound there best at the recommened wattage

For the klf's,(20 or 30) they would be a good choice, just make sure to check the cabinets for looseness and change the highs and mids to titanium [Y]

For the rfs, i have not heard this series

hope this helps[:D]

Well, still waiting for something to pop up for sale locally, so in the meantime I found a pair of KG4's to tide me over. They were pretty ratty, but the drivers are excellent and I spent the day refinishing the walnut cabinets and washing the grille cloth. They look excellent now except for one small veneer chip on the rear corner. They sound terrific and are bringing back memories. The KG4s were the first "real" speakers I bought when I got my first job back in 1987...kicked myself for selling that original pair in black satin finish...

Well, still waiting for something to pop up for sale locally, so in the meantime I found a pair of KG4's to tide me over. They were pretty ratty, but the drivers are excellent and I spent the day refinishing the walnut cabinets and washing the grille cloth. They look excellent now except for one small veneer chip on the rear corner. They sound terrific and are bringing back memories. The KG4s were the first "real" speakers I bought when I got my first job back in 1987...kicked myself for selling that original pair in black satin finish...

I'm loving the KG4s I just picked up last weekend. They'll be the surround speakers when I move into the basement. Right now I'm using them in a 2.1 setup in our main floor living room. Very impressive speaker. Lots of well-defined bass even without a subwoofer. Mine are the finished black color.

I found a pair of KG4's to tide me over.

I take it you got these off CL from Trumansburg?

Did you take a look at the KLF-20's in Watertown?

Yes, those are the ones. The KLF-20's in Watertown have no grilles and the guy filled in the grill holes. These are going in my living room and, while they would have looked cool back in my college apartment, I need for them to look good, too. I see that you post alerts pretty quick (almost before the sellers decide to sell!) I would appreciate it if you could give me a heads up if you see any Chorus or Forte's for sale (that you're not interested in, of course). How do you like your Chorus'? I've never heard them, but have been told by people that I respect that they are fanstastic. I've owned KG4's, Heresy's, Forte's and Cornwall's (nice, but too big).

Yes, those are the ones. The KLF-20's in Watertown have no grilles and the guy filled in the grill holes. These are going in my living room and, while they would have looked cool back in my college apartment, I need for them to look good, too. I see that you post alerts pretty quick (almost before the sellers decide to sell!) I would appreciate it if you could give me a heads up if you see any Chorus or Forte's for sale (that you're not interested in, of course). How do you like your Chorus'? I've never heard them, but have been told by people that I respect that they are fanstastic. I've owned KG4's, Heresy's, Forte's and Cornwall's (nice, but too big).

Those 20's are pretty cool looking. I would prefer to put a grill on it. I do CL searches about 3 times a day. I'm disabled and have time on my hands. The only speakers I am looking for are RS-62's for surround duty. I'll keep an eye out for you. No problem here. I love my Chorus II's. I bought them new in 95. What is your price range for the Chorus or Forte? Are you looking for the I's or II's?

Those 20's are pretty cool looking. I would prefer to put a grill on it. I do CL searches about 3 times a day. I'm disabled and have time on my hands. The only speakers I am looking for are RS-62's for surround duty. I'll keep an eye out for you. No problem here. I love my Chorus II's. I bought them new in 95. What is your price range for the Chorus or Forte? Are you looking for the I's or II's?

E-mail sent...