New B&K amp 200.7 s2 (TASDOM is the MAN) is on its way

Heritage_Head

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RH, I don't mind saying that the 5509 isn't necessarily the best sounding pre-amp I've used. It is the coolest and funnest though. The B&K Ref 50 sounds better than any of them by a pretty good margin, it just doesn't do HDMI, network, etc etc. The 5509 does sound MUCH better than any receiver I have used though. The B&K has a warmer, richer sound and does 2 channel very well.

New drapes i ordered they finally got me a pic of how it will look when done Big Smile

keep in mind i think that the pic is just a design made on the computer.

I remember you saying you wish you had gotten the cherry 7's With those drapes and your room colors, you won't be wishing that anymore......very,very nice!

RH, I don't mind saying that the 5509 isn't necessarily the best sounding pre-amp I've used. It is the coolest and funnest though. The B&K Ref 50 sounds better than any of them by a pretty good margin, it just doesn't do HDMI, network, etc etc. The 5509 does sound MUCH better than any receiver I have used though. The B&K has a warmer, richer sound and does 2 channel very well.

It also came with the B&K ref 20 pre so that might be cool for 2 channel listening if its close to the 50 perhaps.

I use a B&K 200.2 and 200.5 on my RF-7II's and love them. I think you'll be very happy. I also had a XPA-2 and XPA-5 combo briefly that I never cared for. The XPA-2 was ok, but I could always faintly hear a hiss in the speakers. The XPA-5 had a horrible hum from day one. I spent days on the phone with Emotiva, they had me trying the most ridiculous things to fix it. They even exchanged them and I had the same problem. Then one of their lead engineers said it was a compatibility issue with the Amps and my then Integra processor. Like the others said, the B&K has a nice warm sound that goes very well with the Klipsch. I'll be interested to hear your review.

Im digging the curtain RH. Send me some photos to my phone or post them once you install it. I have ordered the automated/motorized masking and curtain system but not the curtains themselves yet. Debating over black velvet to better match my room with the micro suede acoustic panels or go more fabric style. Def. would help me decide once you mount yours to see how they look.

I use a B&K 200.2 and 200.5 on my RF-7II's and love them. I think you'll be very happy. I also had a XPA-2 and XPA-5 combo briefly that I never cared for. The XPA-2 was ok, but I could always faintly hear a hiss in the speakers. The XPA-5 had a horrible hum from day one. I spent days on the phone with Emotiva, they had me trying the most ridiculous things to fix it. They even exchanged them and I had the same problem. Then one of their lead engineers said it was a compatibility issue with the Amps and my then Integra processor. Like the others said, the B&K has a nice warm sound that goes very well with the Klipsch. I'll be interested to hear your review.

What would you say the biggest difference is with the emo and b&k as far as how they sound?