New B&K amp 200.7 s2 (TASDOM is the MAN) is on its way

Heritage_Head

This is a little off topic but I was wondering, during my search of reviews, is B&K still in business?

B&K was at the top of my list for amps about 10 years ago but they went out of business before I was ready to buy. After this thread I decided to look them up and it appears they were bought out and the brand is either back or on it's way back to market. Very good news IMO. When I first joined this forum 10 years ago B&K was one of the highest praised amps for Klipsch speakers.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be in my hands tomorrow Big Smile.

I hate the night before a big delivery. I toss and turn thinking about the set up, get up for a while, go back to bed and toss and turn again while fantasizing how it will sound. Before I know it, it's time to get up and go to work.......

Sleep well Ryan[:D]

• Moderators

I hate the night before a big delivery. I toss and turn thinking about the set up, get up for a while, go back to bed and toss and turn again while fantasizing how it will sound. Before I know it, it's time to get up and go to work.......

Have you been peeping through my bedroom window? That's exactly how I get too. It's just like my kids on Christmas Eve. [:D]

Would have taken more pics but was to excited to get it up and running. Was also planing on doing some a/b testing but i wimped out being they are so heavy to lug around and my wire lengths wouldn't really let me do them out of the rack. Also i know the emo sound so well that i shouldn't have to a/b to know if its different and if its in a good or bad way.

The b&k is as advertised (warm and clean). Even on basic tv programs you hear it right away. When someone talks the voice is so clean its almost like i bought new speakers. The closest comparison i can give is when i upgraded from rf-82 to the rf-7ii. The biggest difference in those two speakers is the cleaner refined sound.

Some other notable changes was the stage and control. Its so warm and clean that when the movie goes into louder parts there is less strain on your ears. What i mean is it always has a calm controlled sound no matter how much i turned it up. The emo did all these things good too but the b&k does them even better.

If you ever wondered will i hear a difference in a higher end amp the answer with this amp atleast is yes. And it really should at a cost of 3 or 4x that of the xpa-5. So this is apples and oranges in terms of cost.

In the 5 days i waited for the amp to get here i must have read every forum there is on this amp lol (and the 5 channel) and really couldn't find anyone who didn't speak high of it so it had a lot of hype to live up to, and so far i can see why.

more to come [:D]