New B&K amp 200.7 s2 (TASDOM is the MAN) is on its way

Heritage_Head

• Moderators

Right now im using the most basic rca on the plant (just the red white ones from wallmart). Do you guys think im losing anything using them vs a nice Interconnect?

I'm of the camp that has never heard a difference in sound from one brand cable to another.

I wouldn’t put 87 octane fuel in my
fiance’s Porsche lol. You have some top tier audio gear id get some nice
interconnects which to me make more of a difference in quality than any
of the other cables.

Nice analogy but it really isn't comparing apples to apples. A Porsche needs gas to make it function. It was designed (maybe) to operate with higher octane gas. Not using the recommended gas could cause it to not function properly and reduce performance. Audio components are not made to use "high end" cables and using cheaper cables does not harm them in any way and to my ears, I have never heard a difference in one cable vs another. If a cable is "coloring" the sound in any way, it's not doing what it is supposed to do.

We could debate this age old question all day long but you did ask for opinions. Mine has been stated. [:D]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On it's way bud. Should arrive on Tuesday...tick tock tick tock.....the worst part of a purchase is the wait. I wouldn't sweat cables too much. I did buy some RCA's thru monoprice and had to return them as they were so tight I was afraid to use them. Check into Bluejean cables for great quality at a reasonable price and custom lengths.... btw.....all the XLR terminals on the amp tested fine should you go that route with a different AVR or Pre/Pro someday....

Thanks so much billy. I look forward to the day i can repay the favor. [:D]

What a stand-up guy Tasdom is. B&K and Klipsch are practically meant for each other. Your already amazing system is going to kick it into high gear. Photos please lol. and +1 to the space heater. Reference I have an extra (1) .5 meter Audioquest Quartz Interconnect that id send you for free if you need one. Wish I had 2 to send you to try but I only have 1 left over. I tried a few interconnects and actually preferred the Audioquests older line to their newer ones. Let me know if you could use the interconnect and I’ll ship it to you man.

Thanks for the offer bro. I will pm you my info so i can compare it to what i have.

I will say I didn’t hear a difference when I was using my Audioquest HDMI Carbon cables with %5 silver conductors. I know it is less resistance with silver but my ears heard nothing diff and I sold it since I needed long HDMI Monoprice Redmere Cables but interconnects are different IMO. What sub cables do you use for that sexy svs?

Im not sure what cable brand it is. I bought it from ultimate electronics a few years back. It seems ok i have no hum in my subs.

No Prob. RH. I will ship it out tomorrow for you. I only have one though as I had 8 but use 7 of them in my set up. Your welcome to it my friend. Just found out some funny news. I had a phone call from my Parents who live in charlotte NC. They have my old projector screen a 16:9 Elite Pull down. I believe it is @ about 100 but not certain its been a long time. Still a nice screen and should be in great shape since it was just sitting in their attic. I may pick it up in the next few weeks and saved my box so if someone would like a free Proj. screen I would ship it to them if they pay for postage. Will wait and bring it home first to see that its still in Mint shape. Wouldnt want a member getting something not in good shape.

Youth- all I can say to your comment is[:$] J/K I meant more along the lines that her Porsche im sure could run off of cheaper fuel but may work nicer with the 93 octane we put in. who knows lol. Id be fine if I were using Monoprice cables just as well to be honest and Im happy I made the switch with the HDMI and made some money even off of the old AQ ones. Just wouldnt go all the way to Walmart RCAs. Lets me sleep better I guess lol. I recommended BlueJeansCo. To another member as well they make great stuff like Mono for a good bargain.

If you ever had an amp that hummed real bad you'd know that there's a difference in cables. Not saying you need expensive, but some will work right and some will raise hell with annoying feedback. I can take the exact same cable and hook it up to one amp/pre-pro and no noise but when hooked up to a different set up HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................

I have always heard great things about B&K and I'm sure willland owns stock in them Stick out tongue

I used to but now own stock in Acurus.[:D] I would still have my B&K EX4420 if it was not used as cash/trade for my Revel B15 subwoofer.

Reference-head, you will love this beast of an amp, no problem at all driving your RF-7II system. It's big at over 19 inches deep so open up some room at the back of your cabinet. Tasdom, very stand up thing you did.[Y][Y]

Bill

I have always heard great things about B&K and I'm sure willland owns stock in them Stick out tongue

I used to but now own stock in Acurus.Big Smile I would still have my B&K EX4420 if it was not used as cash/trade for my Revel B15 subwoofer.

Reference-head, you will love this beast of an amp, no problem at all driving your RF-7II system. It's big at over 19 inches deep so open up some room at the back of your cabinet. Tasdom, very stand up thing you did.YesYes

Bill

Your high praise was one of the reasons i bought it bill. So you will be the first pm i send if it does not live up to the hype [:@]

No Prob. RH. I will ship it out tomorrow for you. I only have one though as I had 8 but use 7 of them in my set up. Your welcome to it my friend. Just found out some funny news. I had a phone call from my Parents who live in charlotte NC. They have my old projector screen a 16:9 Elite Pull down. I believe it is @ about 100” but not certain its been a long time. Still a nice screen and should be in great shape since it was just sitting in their attic. I may pick it up in the next few weeks and saved my box so if someone would like a free Proj. screen I would ship it to them if they pay for postage. Will wait and bring it home first to see that its still in Mint shape. Wouldn’t want a member getting something not in good shape. Youth- all I can say to your comment isEmbarrassed J/K I meant more along the lines that her Porsche im sure could run off of cheaper fuel but may work nicer with the 93 octane we put in. who knows lol. I’d be fine if I were using Monoprice cables just as well to be honest and I’m happy I made the switch with the HDMI and made some money even off of the old AQ ones. Just wouldn’t go all the way to Walmart RCAs. Lets me sleep better I guess lol. I recommended BlueJeansCo. To another member as well they make great stuff like Mono for a good bargain.

Lol ok so i think i bought them from target (like thats any better) [:$].

Your high praise was one of the reasons i bought it bill. So you will be the first pm i send if it does not live up to the hype Angry

I must have forgotten to add the usual disclosure:

"All suggestions or recommendations are the sole opinion of the said person, William Land and therefore any legal liability falls solely on the purchaser of any said item or items purchased."

[:D]

Bill

So the amp only hummed when you had cables hooked up? iIt didnt make noise with just the speakers hooked up then?

Right. And now with xlr cables no hum whatsoever.

I've had xlr's connected from day1 to my EMO. I know several have posted about hum issues with their EMO but mine is dead quiet.

Glad that the xlr's solved your problem.

So the amp only hummed when you had cables hooked up? iIt didnt make noise with just the speakers hooked up then?

Right. And now with xlr cables no hum whatsoever.

I've had xlr's connected from day1 to my EMO. I know several have posted about hum issues with their EMO but mine is dead quiet.

Glad that the xlr's solved your problem.

I actually have a B&K 200.7. I don't know why I lived with that dang hum for 8 years. I guess because the sound is so good when it's turned up....