F/S (maybe) Klipsch RF-83s and RC-64 Cherry

wbroshea

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold my black pair of RF-83 in the Chicago area for $1400, it took a while though.

Fair amount of interest, but one was still waiting for his tax refund, another his wife squashed the sale, another his car needed repairs, etc. The eventual buyer listened for about a minute and handed me the money.

I can email the guy that was waiting for his tax refund. He called me the day after my speakers sold. He lives in Iowa and works shift, so you might have to meet in the middle. You might be able to meet at my house to audition, it would be close to the middle (60585 zip).

Best of luck on the sale.

I sent you a PM. Assuming your offer to contact him is still good, I will take you up on it. Thanks so much, you are awesome.

It was a joke Trev thus the wink. 9291 posts and 1 political slip. Ill retreat to my home theater to await my punishment. Carry on.

I have edited my post

My sincere apologies to the seller.

Just to be clear, no offense taken whatsoever. Heck, as long as it doesn't put off buyers, I'll take the free bumps all day long. [:)]

• Moderators

Thanks wbroshea. Here's another free bumpety bump for ya. [:D]

I'm not familiar with Statements. DIY can be a lot of fun if you have the tools and the skills required. Be sure to share your pics if you end up selling the RF-83 setup.

Now that you have received some pricing feedback, it would be best if you decide how much you are willing to sell them for so interested parties can know.

It was a joke Trev thus the wink. 9291 posts and 1 political slip. Ill retreat to my home theater to await my punishment. Carry on.

I have edited my post

Just to be clear, no offense taken whatsoever. Heck, as long as it doesn't put off buyers, I'll take the free bumps all day long. Smile

I have edited my post

Just to be clear, no offense taken whatsoever. Heck, as long as it doesn't put off buyers, I'll take the free bumps all day long. Smile

Read as: I don't mind if you "put off" (trash others beliefs) as long as I'm making money. Hmmph, well, good luck to you anyways.....they should sell soon. They are quite beautiful speakers. EDIT>>>>Three more free bumps

I'm going to assume that this comment is a joke rather than how I originally took it a personal attack on my morality. I'm not sure how this statement could be less offensive than a comment on Obama's added value to a speaker sale, but I choose to not be offended by it. I just don't understand how one is offended by another expressing a different political viewpoint, but to each his own.

To be honest, I have tired of this. Is there a way to lock a thread or something. I'll still sell them, but will wait a week or so and start another thread fresh and clean with pics and prices. Unless of course this is against the rules.

but I choose to not be offended by it. I just don't understand how one is offended by another expressing a different political viewpoint, but to each his own.

That's what I'm saying. I know Michael(Youthman) very well and he is like a brother to me and I know 99.9% of his close to 10,000 posts have been nothing short of encouraging and informative. He is a consummate peacemaker and never a troublemaker. If he said he meant no offense of any kind to anyone, then you can bank on that being the truth.

Now let's end this craziness and get those RF-83's sold.[:D]

Bill

The thread was started to figure interest and a price. There's no need to wait a week. People that haven't read through all this may not realize they're for sale now. Start a new thread now that actually says for sale. They're great speakers that don't pop up for sale too often. We won't make comments not pertaining to the sale on your new thread [:#]

welcome to the forum. i sold the exact same set B - stock mint condition cherry RF-83's for $1500 and i believe i sold the matching RC-64 cherry for $ 650 plus shipping for both with original boxes and packing. i sold them to 2 different buyers. keep that in mind when selling.

as i recall a lot of people are looking for that center speaker.

Thanks for the info. I unfortunately dont have the original boxes. Obviously for shipping that would make it more difficult but I'm sure I can figure something out. You guys are great with all of the fast replies and helpful info. Wish I had come here more often.

Since everyone seems so nice, does anyone have any opinion on my plan to build the statements and how they will compare to the RF-83s? I guess I am also assuming that everyone knows what the statements are so here is a link for any that dont. http://speakerdesignworks.com/Statements.html

some of us are nice [:D]