How mad are my neighbors going to be? (New RF-7 II System)

KlipschJim

Hello. I am brand new to this forum and decided to join the group because I finally got a Klipsch system that I have been eyeing for some time now. I just purchased an RF-7II system and am having it installed tomorrow. My only problem is that I live in a relatively small condo complex. I live on the first floor and would like to keep the noise complaints down while still enjoying what this system has to offer.

I appreciate any and all input. I will be taking pictures of the install and will be sure to share them.

post-58947-13819832965922_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to ask them over or ask when would be good time to turn it up better to talk to them first I think. Less chance of them calling cops. But the guy close to me jackhammered his double driveway all day long when my wife had to sleep during the day. The law said he could make noise from 8am to 5pm i think. I took my DB meter out to front yard with screen open on my door and my system pretty loud hardly even registered on the meter. Love those new boxes huh...Rick

You are gonna love that system! Like others have said ask your neighbors what music they like, =P My wife and I were lucky because our duplex neighbors husband is a home audio enthusiast also so we have an understanding, plus our living room are on the opposite sides of each other. Congrats again you'll love those speakers for many years to come.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new system. I agree, talk with your neighbors. It's all about communication. Invite them over for movie night sometime. Building a relationship will take you a long way. If not, you will be like I was in college....watching Operation Dumbo Drop and the cop knocks on my door saying my neighbor called in a noise complaint. Serously? Operation Dumbo Drop was too loud? Haha

Hello. I am brand new to this forum and decided to join the group because I finally got a Klipsch system that I have been eyeing for some time now. I just purchased an RF-7II system and am having it installed tomorrow. My only problem is that I live in a relatively small condo complex. I live on the first floor and would like to keep the noise complaints down while still enjoying what this system has to offer. I appreciate any and all input. I will be taking pictures of the install and will be sure to share them.

Awesome! That's what I call jumping in head first! Welcome to the forums and the Klipsch family. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding setup for movies. Let us know how it sounds! As for neighbors, I hope they are cool! The last time I lived in a condo I was blessed with cool neighbors that never said a word.

Hello. I am brand new to this forum and decided to join the group because I finally got a Klipsch system that I have been eyeing for some time now. I just purchased an RF-7II system and am having it installed tomorrow. My only problem is that I live in a relatively small condo complex. I live on the first floor and would like to keep the noise complaints down while still enjoying what this system has to offer. I appreciate any and all input. I will be taking pictures of the install and will be sure to share them.

Super jelous.. What are you going to use for your amp?

So as I know what you are about to experience (Klipsch Audio Obsession) the first time you enjoy some movies on Some of the best Tower Speakers around, I began to become a little curious. What made you dive in for these particular speakers and or did you give them an audition or blind buy them from their amazing reviews? For movies these are simply a divine choice. I have never owned them but I did get to listen to a pair of them a few weeks ago.

Thanks everyone for the input and the welcome! I have a pretty good relationship with my neighbors but will be sure to discuss with them the new acquisition. As for what is powering my system, I have a Marantz SR7007 (as some of you with a little bit of detective work figured out). Because of the sensitivity of the speakers, I didn't see the need to add an additional amp at this time. With my relatively small living room, I am pretty confident that my receiver will more than do the job for now. This is my first Marantz receiver but I have heard good things. If anyone is familiar with this receiver, please feel free to chime in.

I am really excited to get all of this set up to test them out. I have only heard the towers with a first series non matched center. I was impressed but can't wait to hear it with a full matching system. I have spent the last few weeks looking for good blu-ray movies to really test this out. I ended up purchasing quite a few action movies but I am open to any suggestions.

For now I am going to do a bit more research. I have seen some mention on the Forums about properly breaking in the speakers so I guess I need to read up on that. Also I saw some talk about sound proofing/absorption panels, and then a bit about DIY panels. Looks like I have a bit more to look into.

Thanks again for the replies. I really appreciate the support and the knowledge shared by all of you much more experienced owners.

• Moderators

I have seen some mention on the Forums about properly breaking in the speakers so I guess I need to read up on that.

I'll save you some reading. Turn them on, turn them up, sit back and enjoy. [:D]

Also I saw some talk about sound proofing/absorption panels, and then a bit about DIY panels

I used to think acoustic panels were smoke and mirrors until I bought some DIY ones myself. My room had a severe slap echo so I knew sound was bouncing all around my room. My room is much quieter now with less reflections and the imaging and clarity has improved greatly.

So as I know what you are about to experience (Klipsch Audio Obsession) the first time you enjoy some movies on Some of the best Tower Speakers around, I began to become a little curious. What made you dive in for these particular speakers and or did you give them an audition or blind buy them from their amazing reviews? For movies these are simply a divine choice. I have never owned them but I did get to listen to a pair of them a few weeks ago.

I got a chance to listen to just the towers from someone that was looking to sell them. He had a first series center channel with as well. I absolutely loved the sound. At that time, I had been looking around for good quality audio but there wasn't many options that I could actually listen to. I went to the Best Buy that I used to work at and my old manager even told me he could work with me on pricing a bit. I went into the Magnolia section and listened to the best Bowers & Wilkins and Definitive Technology setups that they carried but wasn't too impressed. Again I was drawn back to Klipsch. I wanted something that I would be able to have for a long time and take with me when I buy a house down the road. That is the main reason that I made the jump to this system. My decision was also aided by the amount of praise this system gets on various forums.