This his how we spent our weekend

wuzzzer

Soooo, are you selling the unnecessary weight by the pound or....J/K. Congrats on the new Yeep. I've always wanted a Yeep, especially since they started making a four door version. Super cool. Here in Michigan we've (no joke) gone from 40 to 70 to 35 to 75, back to 40, and tomorrow should be 80+. Over the course of one week. Bipolar weather that's for sure :/

Finally had our first warm weekend! What better way to spend it than to take all that unnecessary weight off the Jeep! Wink

Careful how you go wheeling in that thing. I used to drive around corners on 2 wheels, Jump sand dunes, And blew my tranny when I tried to lift the front wheels in second and overdrive. Don't make overdrives like they used to I guess.

Built 225 odd fire V6. [:P]

[:P]

Have fun and enjoy the sun and keep the shinny side up!

....................................................Taz

Finally had our first warm weekend! What better way to spend it than to take all that unnecessary weight off the Jeep! Wink

Great looking jeep. I didn't realize what an industry "jeeping is" until I started getting all the catalogs in the mail after I bought mine. lol...

Looks like fun, I just have a Cheorkee, can't take the roof off easily. The way you guys are describing your weather sounds like Nebraska right now, we just hit 85 today and by the end of the week they are calling for a possibility of snow(IN MAY).

That looks like a lot of fun man! My brother in a law has a Rubicon and is all about that thing. If I did more climbing I might consider the Wrangler, but Crystal and I have been looking at and test drove yesterday the Grand Cherokee and we might end up getting that for the family vehicle.

I bet the hard top for that puppy is heavy!

Well, the top comes off in three sections. One panel over the driver's seat and one over the front passenger's seat. Then the rest comes off. The two panels are about 16 pounds each. The remainder of the hardtop is about 100 pounds. Its more bulky and clumsy than anything. My wife's only a little over 5 feet tall so its awkward taking it off and putting it back on.

Wuzzer, have you seen the the panel headliner inserts they now have? It adds a layer of sound deadening and heat/cold insulation to the tops.

Yeah, I was just discussing those with my wife yesterday. She normally drives the Jeep and she said she didn't think they'd be worth the money. I do want to get the Delrin bushings for the doors to make removing them easier. Two of them were stuck pretty good in their hinges. I sprayed some liquid silicon in the hinges to make them easier to remove but the Delrin bushings make removing them even easier.

That looks like a lot of fun man! My brother in a law has a Rubicon and is all about that thing. If I did more climbing I might consider the Wrangler, but Crystal and I have been looking at and test drove yesterday the Grand Cherokee and we might end up getting that for the family vehicle.

I think the Grand Cherokee is a much better choice. Its a lot more refined than any Wrangler will ever be. Wranglers are noisy, rough riding and don't really offer much in the way of amenities. Hard to beat their off-road capabilities though.

Ah, 3 sections instead of one big ole top! That makes sense! I owned a CJ5 and really enjoyed it. We are considering a TJ or X model for our next Jeep purchase. Just a weekend fun vehicle for us though. Wife is all about it and we all know that's a good thing.[Y]