I am stoked 2 Got my PB ultra 13

jtubbs6117

Mr Land and I got our svs Subs on the same day. I think. It was a awful day here in Arkansas raining all the time. The driver from RL frieght called to inform me that he wasn't sure if he could make to my house with his trailer. I pullled up the weather app on my phone and it like like a 30 min gap now rain. So I called the drivier he met me at the nearest Wal Mart and the exchange was made. So I get back on I530 and dropped the hammer, watching the clouds and other drivers the entire time. I arrived home with out slight mist on the windshield and nothing on the SVS box in the thruck bed. My neighbor and I got pulled it out of the truck cut the straps and off inside the house we went. Reading the instuctions on the outside of the box to make sure all caution was taken whilel unboxing. This thing is huge. My wife saw the box and said "I sure hope a lot of that is packing". I ordered the black oak, the piano gloss is so beautiful but with two dogs all I would be doing is being pissed about hair. I don't think I will be able to see it as bad on the oak veener.

Pictures will uploaded this week. Sound well all I can say is awesome. My living area is is kinda big for one sub due to my house plan. I added all the numbers to find the cubic ft of the area the sub has to fill with bass. My Family room is 18*20*10=3600 this is open to the kitchen 12*18*8= 1728 breakfest nook 12*8*8=768 this if I did the math right . 6100Cubic feet. I have to say without a shadow of a doubt this sub is perfect. With this much space I had trouble finding a sub that would keep up with my RF7's. The two servos were ok did the job very nice, but nothing like this. I had my doubts one sub could out perform 2 15 inch servos. Guys it does!!! With finesse control and authority that is so suprising. Of all the subs I have owned this is by fair the closeest thing I have ever had to real theater sound. Dynamics are perfect all the headroom the sledge amp gives it the ability to be soft then when a door slams or the cannon goes off in the hunger games you jump. I will be adding more thoughts as I get to spend more time with it. I was not expecting this type of performance. I am very happy with my purchase. Please write your thoughts ask questions. Thank you to all the members that offered up their experience with their own SVS products.

• Moderators

I had my doubts one sub could out perform 2 15 inch servos. Guys it does!!!

I feel the exact same way about my previous Velodyne HGS15. One was ok, 2 sounded great but my Klipsch RSW-15 sounds as good, if not better than Dual HGS15's.

Reading the instuctions on the outside of the box to make sure all caution was taken whilel unboxing.

Congrats on the new big box. Those XX13-Ultra's are just awesome. I'm always in awe of mine when it turns on.

With the PC series, there are no instructions or directions on the outside of the box on how to unpack it. It almost fell over onto my foot when I unboxed mine.

I had my doubts one sub could out perform 2 15 inch servos. Guys it does!!!

I feel the exact same way about my previous Velodyne HGS15. One was ok, 2 sounded great but my Klipsch RSW-15 sounds as good, if not better than Dual HGS15's.

No doubt man, the RSW-15 puts a smile on my face daily [:D]

Congrats! 6100 cubic feet is a lot for even that sub to fill.

Yes it is. My room also comes in at over 6000 cu ft and adding an SB13 Plus to my B15 and RSW-10d was just the ticket.

Ask your wife for its matching brother for Xmas.

I think that idea is in Jeff's plans but maybe not until sometime next year. He is a little more sensible in his spending that some of us(ME) are.[:D]

Bill

Guys I am sorry I took pictures but the size of the pic were to large. I will redo them tonight at a lower resolution and try again tomorrow. Now to the sound.The sound and impact is just unreal. For me to put in one sentence. This the cloesest I have heard in my room to real theater low frequencys. More to come.

Fingers crossed for next year. I hope to get another one.

Better get it this year while you have the $$$, because when the baby comes next year, you will need more $$$ than the $1999.00 you will spend for another PB13 Ultra.[:P] Not a prediction, just something to consider.[:D]

Bill