Suggestions for Watching TV Online

Youthman

• Moderators

I'm wanting to watch "The Hero" that begins tomorrow but I do not have Cable. Anyone know of a website that I can watch the show on my computer or from the PS3 in the HT? The show is on TNT. We RARELY watch TV which is why the only actual TV in the house is in my son's bedroom. I googled Watch TNT Free but most of the sites look shady and some have a TON of popup windows (guess nothing in life is free)).

Just thought I would ask around since I'm sure there are some that have done away with cable and have found online resources.

If your watching or can watch a brand new show online for free it's either illegal or a free trial membership on that Network's site.....No way around it......The only TV I watch, I stream through my PS3....YouTube and NetFlix......I don't know of any streaming channels that show new programs as they air in real time.....I have looked on my PS3, nothin, you can only watch old shows....But I'm pretty sure if you can't find it at like TNTdrama.com or something the like......You will not be able to watch it legally at it's designated time slot and will have to watch it "under the radar"..

• Moderators

If your watching or can watch a brand new show online for free it's either illegal

That might suggest why it looked "shady". They were wanting me to install their viewer and I don't just go installing software from any site. Never know what you are getting. I knew something didn't look quite right so I didn't stay on their site very long.

Do some of the networks have post the shows after they air so that you can watch them online? Maybe someone will upload them to Youtube. :)

Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't had cable in 7 years and only had it for 1 year prior to that. We watch almost zero TV, just thought the show looked cool, but not cool enough to order cable for $70/month just to watch it. I have Rabbit Ears hooked to the HT but we don't really use it.

Definitely appreciate the input.

If you're ok with watching it after it has aired then getting through a torrent site is easy and is posted fairly quickly after airing with popular shows.

I do that with certain shows as I work evenings and download them when I get home. You can most tv shows from a free torrent site like piratebay and use a program like uTorrent. Your PS3 will play most video files (mkv doesn't work) so you just dump it onto a thumb usb drive and insert into PS3 to play.

heres two links. 1 to utorrent and piratebays tv section.

http://www.utorrent.com/

http://thepiratebay.sx/browse/208

If your watching or can watch a brand new show online for free it's either illegal

That might suggest why it looked "shady". They were wanting me to install their viewer and I don't just go installing software from any site. Never know what you are getting. I knew something didn't look quite right so I didn't stay on their site very long.

Do some of the networks have post the shows after they air so that you can watch them online? Maybe someone will upload them to Youtube. :)

Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't had cable in 7 years and only had it for 1 year prior to that. We watch almost zero TV, just thought the show looked cool, but not cool enough to order cable for $70/month just to watch it. I have Rabbit Ears hooked to the HT but we don't really use it.

Definitely appreciate the input.

If i didn't have a tv i would watch zero tv too i think lol :).

Cable is a ton of money when you figure what you pay over like say 20 years. At 100 a month that would be $24,000 spent. In a life time it could pay off half your home. DVR has really helped get more out of it than before. Being able to watch your shows when you want and with no time wasting commercials. Not to be a number nerd but if someone watches 10 hrs of tv a week thats 2.5 hrs of commercials. Thats 130hrs a year of commercials that dvr can save us from!

It has become pretty outrageous. We pay $170 a month for Directv and when we order the UFC it's another $50+ that month which takes it to $220-$230 a month. We have been on this plan for a few years but we are finding that we aren't watching that much TV anymore. Think it's time to scale back our plan. With Apple TV, Blu-rays, Blockbuster and so on we don't need all the movie channels.

When you add it up on a yearly basis it is ridiculous.

It has become pretty outrageous. We pay $170 a month for Directv and when we order the UFC it's another $50+ that month which takes it to $220-$230 a month. We have been on this plan for a few years but we are finding that we aren't watching that much TV anymore. Think it's time to scale back our plan. With Apple TV, Blu-rays, Blockbuster and so on we don't need all the movie channels.

When you add it up on a yearly basis it is ridiculous.

I use to have all the movie channels too but it just didn't make sense anymore. They do make the best shows imo but you can get them all on blu ray from netflix a year down the road. My bill was up too 210 with dvr and internet but i have it down to 120 now. Netflix costs me 15 (for two blu rays at a time) and you can get every movie and show that they offer on movie channels.

We ditched Dish Network this year after they raised the rates another $5. No sense paying $100 a month for 250 crappy channels. Most of what we watch is free OTA anyway so we got a Tivo and plugged it into the antenna. Now we get better quality video OTA with all the recording capabilities. Amazon prime through the PS3, which we are already members of. Trying out Hulu Plus for recent TV, not sure if we will keep it or not. Netflix BluRays in the mail for most movies.

We don't miss the Dish a bit. $15 for Tivo, $8 for Hulu (if we keep it), Amazon and Netflix we already had during Dish so at most we are paying around $25 a month for TV.

We had Netflix streaming only, which we used on a tablet for late night viewing. We killed of the Comcast tv and kept the internet portion. The OTA looks better than Comcast, and the Netflix also looks better than Comcast.

Bruce