OT: Silly car repair question

fini

I'm attempting to repair non-working turn signal/hazard lights in my wife's '98 Sienna. I'm testing fuses and the flasher first (I REALLY don't want to spend $451 in a bloody combo switch). The flasher is under the dash in a real inconvenient location, in terms of getting good grips on both the flasher and its holder, both of which I can't see. I don't think there is any way to pry it out (battery disconnected) without the probability of cracking something. Anyone have a good trick for this?

Try staying overnight at a Holiday Inn............ One of the most useful long reach type tools that is cheap is the common plumbers basin wrench. But in my experience you still gotta see what you're yanking on if you aim to yank it out in good order.

Thanks, guys. My daughter's friend was able to get far enough in there to snip a ziptie, which dropped the whole mess down within reach of my grubby hands. Turns out it pulls straight out, no clip-thing, AND it was the problem, so IT'S FIXED!!

Consider yourself lucky. It could have been a pain in the a--.

JJK

Oh, I know. I'm giddy as a school girl. I treated myself to a new air filter. Woohoo!

Good idea. You might want to pick one up for the Sienna also.

you're lucky you have traditional "can" flasher. My 2001 Grand Marq uses the body computer to do that, and every once in a while it skips beats and then does a cha-cha-cha blink and clink sound.

Sounds like an old Chuck Jones cartoon!

What do you expect, after all it is "The Friendly City".

Didn't think I would remember that Surprise

The only bad part we are both older than your city. Sad

Your mind is a steel trap!

• 2 weeks later...