Dog chewed off power cord to Sub...

BlueBomber13

So my moms dog ate the power cord to my Sub-12 that she was keeping for me until my wife and I got our house. I went to pick it up and yeah, chewed off. I really love this sub and want to know how to go about repairing this issue. Any heal would be greatly appreciated!

If the cord unplugs at the amp, replace it with a standard iec cord like the kind you'd use with your computer. Make sure the ga is the same or larger (smaller #). If not, go to the hardware store and get a grounded male repair end that's used for extension cord repairs.

My younger brother cut the cord of an operating TV with a pair of diagonal cutters. It blew a fuse (if you're old enough to recall those) and threw him across the room.

Years later, when we cleared out our late parents' home, I found the cutters with a notch welded into them and gave them to my brother as a memento.

My younger brother cut the cord of an operating TV with a pair of diagonal cutters. It blew a fuse (if you're old enough to recall those) and threw him across the room.

Years later, when we cleared out our late parents' home, I found the cutters with a notch welded into them and gave them to my brother as a memento.

....With enough amps to weld metal....He's lucky....Yeah I'd say that probably hurt.........A momento..[:P]

....With enough amps to weld metal....He's lucky....Yeah I'd say that probably hurt.........A momento..Stick out tongue

As I recall, he wasn't burned or otherwise injured, but he was scared un momento . . . and then some.

The diagonal cutters were actually more useful after that. The notch was useful for stripping wire. When they turned up during the house clean-out, it seemed fitting for my little bro to keep them as a memento.

• 2 weeks later...

DizRotus,

Maybe I am reading too much into what the OP wrote. I assumed: #1 It is a powered sub. #2 It has been unplugged for quite some time, at least long enough to get to Mom's house and have the dog chew off the power cord. #3 The sub has a speaker in it that is presenting a load to the internal amp. If all this is correct the capacitors in the unit are discharged. I did not intend to offend anyone in anyway.

Btw How's life in Birmingham? I'm originally from Royal Oak.

babadono