AA network help.

I bought a pair of beat up La Scalas from a guy who had one in his garage and the other on his front porch. He said he modified the network so it played in stereo when hooked up. I would like to do the same thing but I am not sure if this is correct. Take a look at the network and let me know if this will work.

Thanks. [Y]

Posted Image

Guest David H

I bought a pair of beat up La Scalas from a guy who had one in his garage and the other on his front porch. He said he modified the network so it played in stereo when hooked up.

This makes no sense, are you sure you understood him correctly.

Dave

I spoke with the seller this morning and I did misunderstand him. He said he altered the network because he was just listening to the one and wanted to play it in mono just using either the right or left side of the amp. He said he couldn't remember how he did it but used a diagram from this website. [^o)]

I just put in an older AA that I had around and both speakers sound fine, they just need a little finish work.

I just put in an older AA that I had around and both speakers sound fine, they just need a little finish work.

How can they be older than the AA in the pic? [^o)]. Glad you got them working. How about some pics of the now working La Scalas?

I bought a pair of beat up La Scalas from a guy who had one in his garage and the other on his front porch. He said he modified the network so it played in stereo when hooked up.

This makes no sense, are you sure you understood him correctly.

Dave

[Y] Huh?

What does listening monaural through one speaker have to do with modifying the crossover network for that one speaker? You need to sum the stereo signals much further back in the chain.

babadono

How can they be older than the AA in the pic? Hmm. Glad you got them working. How about some pics of the now working La Scalas?

Those look a bit more modern than the AAs that came in my 1974 La Scalas. Those ones had stacks of caps to add up to the correct values, two stacks of two and one stack of three. I replaced them with Sonicaps from Bob Crites, which sounded better, and left lots of space on the crossover board.

post-23736-13819857378672_thumb.jpg