pulled the Trigger

HAmmer32261

Sounds awesome! Are you going to be using the analog outs, so as to use the internal DAC?

I dont think i have a choice mustang, i want to be able to burn my 24/192 music files to a dvd and play them thru the oppo.

My avr doesnt have balanced inputs what do you recommend for good quality rca's??

Congrats HAmmer! Your are making that system into a super system, lol.Cool

Thx Derrick, i probably got in over my head with this player it looks like you need a engineering

degree to set this thing up [8-|]

Ordered a Oppo 105 today should be here next week, anybody wanna come over and set it up??

i'll feed ya Stick out tongue

Congrats and welcome to the 105 club. You won't be disappointed.

It's real easy to set up...if you have a EE degree! [:|]

If you have a question, just ask. Least we can do for you is laugh. [:D]

I use hdmi from Oppo to pre/pro for Blu-Ray movie playback as I like what Audyssey does for that.

For SACD / CD / MC Audio I use the analog outs on the Oppo to my pre/pro to take advantage of the Oppo dac's.

For stereo playback, I have the dedicated stereo outs (xlr) connected to the pre/pro

For streaming from the pc, I use the USB Asynchronous DAC input on the oppo and play thru the analog outs.

Like Sunburnwilly said, all outputs are live at all times so I can toggle different inputs on my Onkyo remote for various playback choices.

Hope that helps.......

I use hdmi out from my ps3 to my receiver for audio and video. Are folks not using hdmi from the oppo to their receivers for audio.

The video section of the 103/105 is the same.

People who use the HDMI Out from the OPPO get a 103.

The major difference between the 2 is that the 105 has a very robust analog section. I have my 105 hooked directly to my amp via analog connections.

The major difference between the 2 is that the 105 has a very robust analog section. I have my 105 hooked directly to my amp via analog connections.

So you use the hdmi for video, and the 5 or 7 analog outputs directly to your amp. When you say amp you mean like separates right not a receiver. If so I take it that the Oppo does all the audio processing, so you could just run the hdmi for video to a projector and the analog outs to your separates which gives you the best optimal sound.

So you use the hdmi for video, and the 5 or 7 analog outputs directly to your amp. When you say amp you mean like separates right not a receiver. If so I take it that the Oppo does all the audio processing, so you could just run the hdmi for video to a projector and the analog outs to your separates which gives you the best optimal sound.

Yes, you can connect directly to an amp (separates) and use the Oppo as a stand alone processor and run hdmi to the projector. As far as optimal sound, that does take all other compoments out of the signal path so makes for a good arguement / discussion. With 2 hdmi outs and 2 hdmi in and analog outs, the oppo is very versatile for many different scenarios.

I think Mongo got rid of his AVR altogether

1st sorry for a thread hijacking Rant !

when I look at what the Oppo 105 does ,why in heck didn't Oppo take it a step further & make a full feature Pre/Pro Processor

that just happens to have a Blu-Ray drive in their unit ??

there is a huge need for a mid priced pre/pro that has the Video processing power & Audio that the Oppo 105 BluRay can do .

I use a Onkyo TX-NR1009 as my pre/pro because it has just about every feature except the balanced XLR's PLUS it has the dual video processor that doesn't come on the Onkyo 5508 ,

The TX-NR1010 is even better as it has XT32 plus the dual chipset vid processor

Which by the way is same Vid processor in the Oppo 105 & 103 the HQV Vida chipset

I have a Onkyo 5008 which as the same Vid processor as the Onk 5508 pre/pro & my TX-NR1009 is night & day better at video processing than the 5008 is to the degree that my 5008 sits in a box right now . the difference between the two in $ is huge the 5508 costs as much as my 5008 as well .

it's frustrating to say the least

when I look at what the Oppo 105 does ,why in heck didn't Oppo take it a step further & make a Processor

that just happens to have a Blu-Ray drive in their unit ??

there is a huge need for a mid priced pre/pro that has the Video processing power & Audio that the Oppo BluRay can do .

+1 That would be sweet