Forte II vs Chorus

wow lol that is how i feel or what im doing right now haha sounds crazy tho[:P]

I gotta say tho shakeydeal, im looking to invest in more audio and have went frrom focals to b&w to planars and i keep coming back to cornwalls. I had a pair and were the second pair of klipsch i had and its either gonna be cw's or cornscalas. I may go with another pair of chorus 2's although i need somthing a bit thinner

• Like 3

I have been around the block and back with speakers in the last 15 years. My latest were:

Reference 3a Grand Veena

Green Mountain Audio Continuum 3 HD

Piega P-10

Wilson Sophia

Montana EPS2

I have Cornwalls now and think they are pretty good. My Bob Crites built Cornscalas arrive tomorrow, I am excited about that.

Shakey

Very nice my friend. Klipsch wise i have owned everything xept klipschorns. I simply havnt had the room. I have a very nice pair of black belles that dont fit anywhere in my home although will keep them with my collection til my days end assume. Bob Crites is my go to guy for anything klipsch. I have spent over $1k in the past 6 months with him which is when i began using his services. You will notice an good sound reproducing difference with everything he does to anything. With a line up such as your high end monitor list i would be interested in seeing how you fare with the cw. Between the cw and chorus 2 i have found my preference in audio without doubt. I also own a nice array of jbl pro and studio monitors. It is nice to see you are making a lateral movement in sound as i see your change in quality speakers. Probably nice for you to have a break from speakers worth as much as a car for a while!

• Like 2

The Chorus has never let me down in any way. If you can get one, buy one right...they will light up your world. As other's here have said before, they love watts.

They do love watts. You just nailed why im stuck on my crown at 440wattsx2 @8ohms with a mid level adcom pre and i have several crown macro techs and rotel and adcom blocks but every day im home im jammimg whats in my sig. I would buy any black pair within reach that i can find and im gonna go ahead and buy oak if i have too...klipsch chorus are just the best, even in bone stock form and then feed them watts. Without doubt my chorus will be in my go to systems forever. I wouldnt trade r sell mine for nothing i love the pair i have .. . .. . the purchuse of my cw's again soon are for surround use. there's not room for chorus on either side or in back of my 7.1 at the moment. They sound great on tubes too, even biamped tube on horns ss on the 15's. Big watts trump. A freind of mine has his on 2 tube mono blocks at 175watts each. Speechless is all i can say. There are very limited amounts of the crown tube blocks so im not even trying to obtain, maybe someday my luck will hit a pair . .. . ..

• Like 2

The Chorus has never let me down in any way. If you can get one, buy one right...they will light up your world. As other's here have said before, they love watts.

They do love watts. You just nailed why im stuck on my crown at 440wattsx2 @8ohms with a mid level adcom pre and i have several crown macro techs and rotel and adcom blocks but every day im home im jammimg whats in my sig. I would buy any black pair within reach that i can find and im gonna go ahead and buy oak if i have too...klipsch chorus are just the best, even in bone stock form and then feed them watts. Without doubt my chorus will be in my go to systems forever. I wouldnt trade r sell mine for nothing i love the pair i have .. . .. . the purchuse of my cw's again soon are for surround use. there's not room for chorus on either side or in back of my 7.1 at the moment. They sound great on tubes too, even biamped tube on horns ss on the 15's. Big watts trump. A freind of mine has his on 2 tube mono blocks at 175watts each. Speechless is all i can say. There are very limited amounts of the crown tube blocks so im not even trying to obtain, maybe someday my luck will hit a pair . .. . ..

No, it sounds like you know what you are wanting and liking it. My remark is for the Chorus liking Watts, as weel as the Chorus !!. Given a choice, I would be going for the 2's but, what am saying is the 1's are no slouch at the right pricepoint, in my limited opinion. They can be fitted with six,seven inch port extentions to bring it down some, although I have not done that yet.

Good Hunting!

• 8 months later...

Dear All,

I'm Jimmy and I'm new om this Forum.

I need some advices regarding Chorus I vs Forte II. I've been using RF62 for the last 5 years and now time to get some "upgrade".

I've been watching these two on ebay and have been contacting with both seller & unfortunately I won't be able to do audition on both.

The asking price for both are $695 (Chorus I) & $895 (Forte II).

Whichever I will buy, I'll power them with my tube amp VTA-ST120 (60 watts/channel) & pre-amp tube SP12.

My room size is quiet large 14' x 25' where I put my current set up in fornt of the 14' wall.

For longer run and I'm not looking for upgrade the crossover very soon, which one you guys think is more "suitable" for me & which one is more "tube-friendly" ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Dear All,

I'm Jimmy and I'm new om this Forum.

I need some advices regarding Chorus I vs Forte II. I've been using RF62 for the last 5 years and now time to get some "upgrade".

I've been watching these two on ebay and have been contacting with both seller & unfortunately I won't be able to do audition on both.

The asking price for both are $695 (Chorus I) & $895 (Forte II).

Whichever I will buy, I'll power them with my tube amp VTA-ST120 (60 watts/channel) & pre-amp tube SP12.

My room size is quiet large 14' x 25' where I put my current set up in fornt of the 14' wall.

For longer run and I'm not looking for upgrade the crossover very soon, which one you guys think is more "suitable" for me & which one is more "tube-friendly" ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Oh by the way, I'll be using these for 2-channel audio only.

Jimmytamp,

Welcome to the forum.

I can't speak for all here on the forum, but I think the majority of members that will respond to your post will say the forte' II's are the "better" choice. They are that good. Very well balanced speakers that sound big but are able to convey the nuances and details in a very accurate way. Toe in and placement are important so try to get it "right" before you give an honest critique of the sound. I think you will love them.

Both the Chorus and forte' are tube friendly so I think you have it covered in that area.

Good luck with the auction.

Bill

Edited by willland

Hello, I'm new to the forum here but have owned many pairs of the Chorus I & II and Forte I & II. All are exceptional speakers and some of the best ever made by Klipsch in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you end up with!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK it took me a while to find a pair but I picked up a pair of oiled walnut Forte 2 for $300 from a pawnshop. Very good condition except for one corner, but not bad, grills in great shape, all drivers are flawless. The previous owner might have been a member here because he put metal grills over the rear passives and has already replaced the caps in the x-overs, looks like Sonic on the highs and some electrolytic on the lows. I have no idea without taking them apart I guess to see if any of the diaphragms have been upgraded.  I just got them hooked up last night and was tired, did some initial listening in the 2 channel room and was pretty impressed. really detailed highs but not really bright because they did not fatigue.  I will have to figure out how to post pics, looks like the old photobucket right? And do some more critical listening in the 2 channel room and then bring them out to my main room and listen.  Right now they are hooked up to a Rotel 990bx and the source is a Sony CDP-CA9ES the room is dampened because it was a drum room. 

those at titanium diaphragms in the tweeters. and you have sonicaps in the network you could not buy those two upgrades for much less than the cost of your speakers. Good deal. send a picture of the networks to Bob Crites and see if he installed the additional filter that goes with the ti tweeter diaphragms. You can also buy ti mid diaphragms from Klipsch worth every penny. You can add 2.5 ounces of dead weight in the form of some large flat washers to the inside centre of the passive and get bass extension into the high 20's. Dynamat the K79 lenses and the woofer baskets and passive baskets install a lit of brace work and re damp and you will have some very fine speakers. Remove the factory risers and put them up on some 14 inch high four post stands and you will have much improved stage and image. all worth the time and money. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I don't know if the mid has new diaphragms or not, I guess you would have to take apart. i was surprised to see the Sonic caps in the x-overs and now upgraded tweeters.  This very well could have been a forum member that owned these, I cant I imagine what the pawnshop gave him for these or why they would even pawn them anyway.  I will get around to upgrades but just enjoying these for right now. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, I tried tubes a long time ago and they were a pain. I liked my Carver M1.5t because it mimicked tubes without the hassle. After I got my finances in order the market for used Klipsch kind of dried up. Then some speakers I have been looking for for a long time became available, then some others that were just too good of a deal to pass up. I will continue my Klipsch quest sometime in the future.

Still got your Carver 1.5t? Most all my Kilpsch are driven with Bob Carver power. Enjoy you new Forte II's :-)