Sold Black RF-7II Speakers

SonicSeeker

• Moderators

Im sorry as Im sure this is a noob questions, but was it the difference between A stock and B stock?

B-Stock speakers typically means that the veneer doesn't quite match. Sometimes it's noticable and other times you can't really tell. I had a pair of RF-5's that were B-Stock. It's hard to see it from the photo below but although they both had a cherry finish, the right speaker had this really exotic looking grain, almost like zebra. The left speaker grain was definitely more laid back and not as noticable.

Klipsch-RF-5-2.jpg

i don't agree with what Youthman said above about A stock verses B stock. his don't match because they don't care about consec serial numbers anymore. does anybody have consecutive serial numbers in the RF line. probaly NOT

The reason their were so many B-stock cherry veneer RF-7ii's was that Klipsch didn't like the color of the veneer when they got it from the vendor, it was to dark, and they had truck loads of it so thay made them all b-stock with the darker veneer.

B-stock usually means there was a defect somewhere in the veneer. in the old days they just painted them black such as with the heresy.

my rf-83's were b-stock had a slight defect behind the grill plus their were sanding marks in the finish.

my Rf-7 ii;s were A stock and the color was much lighter than the darker B-stock.

black B-stock, had to be a defect in the veneer so they painted them black

• Moderators

i don't agree with what Youthman said above about A stock verses B stock. his don't match because they don't care about consec serial numbers anymore.

Actually, you are probably correct with that as they were about 7 numbers apart.

does anybody have consecutive serial numbers in the RF line. probaly NOT

Actually, I do. RF-83.....0072 and 0073 [;)]

i don't agree with what Youthman said above about A stock verses B stock. his don't match because they don't care about consec serial numbers anymore. does anybody have consecutive serial numbers in the RF line. probaly NOT

The reason their were so many B-stock cherry veneer RF-7ii's was that Klipsch didn't like the color of the veneer when they got it from the vendor, it was to dark, and they had truck loads of it so thay made them all b-stock with the darker veneer.

B-stock usually means there was a defect somewhere in the veneer. in the old days they just painted them black such as with the heresy.

my rf-83's were b-stock had a slight defect behind the grill plus their were sanding marks in the finish.

my Rf-7 ii;s were A stock and the color was much lighter than the darker B-stock.

black B-stock, had to be a defect in the veneer so they painted them black

All my reference line speakers are consecutive (3 pairs)

Edit my rb-61ii have the same #