FS: Original Cane Cornwall Grills

Frzninvt

Thanks to Russ (Budman) I was finally able to source a pair of black grills for my Cornwall rears so the grills now all match in my all Heritage HT system. I am now offering my no longer available OEM Klipsch cane Cornwall grills for sale. They are not perfect they have a couple of flaws. One has a couple of spots where the caning has become detached and the black frame is exposed, it also has some glue residue at the bottom center where the previous owner must have attempted to affix the Klipsch emblem. I purchased them this way it was not my doing. The other is in great shape although if you look at it straight one it looks like a single vertical strand has become slightly discolored. Nothing has been spilled on them. I feel the flaws are minor and they are in excellent condition overall considering they are probably 25 years old or older.

I will take some updated photos this evening and post them.

I would be looking to get $130/pr plus actual shipping costs for them for active forum members. You will not find a pair of these easily I have looked for two years just for a pair of black ones and have not seen a cane pair for sale in a long, long time.

**NOTE** The Jubilee pie slice logos are not included.

what happened to the grills?

I was high bidder.

relisted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-Cornwall-II-Factory-Original-Cane-Grills-/161114932208?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item258332c3f0#ht_384wt_1261

Schu if you want these can't you come to an agreement on these and skip the 9-13% final value fees. i'm sure Charles ( frzninvt ) doesn't want an arm and leg for these

Pretty and very, very tempted. I wonder how they'd look with my black cornwalls.

But, I am confused. The Forum price is the same as the Ebay price? What's this about fees. If I buy from Ebay I now have to pay fees on top of the Buy It Now price unless Charles somehow waves them?

I'm not goofing around. Honestly interested and honestly confused.

I pulled them because they were only at $56 with 12 hours to go and I did not want to loose my shirt on them since they are difficult to come by. I figured I would just keep them as spares. All I am really looking to do is get out of them what it cost me to get the black ones that Budman so nicely pointed me to which is $120. eBay does kill you on end of auction fees but there was no real interest here and I just wanted to recoup my funds. I was suprised no one wanted them since the OEM Klipsch cane material is no longer available. They look stunning on my Walnut Lacquer Cornwalls but the rest of my speakers all have black grills.

I bought them years ago because I had a set of lacquered birch Klipschorns with cane grills and my La Scala center had a cane grill and I wanted them all to match, it's a synergy thing.

They are boxed up and ready if someone is interested I'd sell them for the $120 and split shipping with you and absorb any PayPal fees to boot.-

Ok. Now I understand, got a bit confused there about fees, relisting

and such.

My good man Might Favog deems black and cane a good combination so I think

I'll take a flyer on them.

How ever, The Mighty Thebes is wiley and crafty, some even say, a hard

bargainer. How about 1% off? Yes a full $1.20. Just remember

I'm a contrarian bargainer. Decline my offer and my counteroffer goes up

to 2%

PM or email me with your capitulation.[:D]

WOW!!!!!!

That'd be $118.80!!!!!!!

Thebes, you ARE crafty! Good luck my friend!

Faced with the daunting aspect of dealing with a steely-eyed Thebes, he folded like a house of cards. He even threw in a jug of maple syrup and a Nathanial Greene coonskin hat.

Never negotiate with the Thebes. [:D]