NEED A PAIR OF K-HORNS

CECAA850

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a cheap pair of K-Horns to flip. Can you guys help out??

you guys don't know the half of it ( my dealings with him ) and i'm sure i'll tell you in this thread or the other thread

Reminds me of another questionable sale thread that I was involved in.

long story short. back in april i buy his 78 k-horns for 2450. month later he gives me my money back.

he comes here and joins and tell everyone he sold his k-horns for 2900 says he needs another pair and members tell him a nice pair f/s 5 hrs from him. buys then and brags he got them for 2 grand

a month later he's trying to sell them for 3200

so while he gave me my money back he found a buyer that gave him almost 500 more for them

long story short. back in april i buy his 78 k-horns for 2450. month later he gives me my money back.

he comes here and joins and tell everyone he sold his k-horns for 2900 says he needs another pair and members tell him a nice pair f/s 5 hrs from him. buys then and brags he got them for 2 grand

what do you mean gives you your money back?

long story short. back in april i buy his 77-78 k-horns for 2450. month later he gives me my money back.

Wow.

I suppose it's inevitable that these kind of things happen but it always seems to get under my skin. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.

i paid him and told him it could be 3-6-12 months before i get down there to pick them up. he said he will hold onto them for however long it took for me to pick them up

Total POS.

I guess you missed the part where he told you he'd hold on to them for however long it took for you to pick them up OR untill he got a better offer. You're lucky you actually got your money back. It could have been worse.

Don't know whether you've seen it or not, but I have a "for sale" ad posted for a pair of Chorus speakers. 2 days ago I listed the sale as pending. 15 minutes ago I got an offer for 100 more than I'm selling them for for. He said he'd leave now and pick them up, cash in hand. I got the callers number and told him I'd call him back. I then contacted the buyer that's coming over Saturday to pick them up to be sure he still wanted them which he did. At that point, I called the seller who offered more and told him they were spoken for but I'd call him if anything forseen happened with the original buyer. He said he appreciated what I did. Some people might think that I'm stupid for not taking the better offer but I can't function like that. If I say I'm going to do something, I feel compelled to do it. Your word HAS to be good for something. I just took the Craigslist ad down.

Carl

that is good! when i had craiglist pro setup on my phone, one morning i was at the gym and phone buzzed and said klipsch speakers st louis 450$

i clicked it to see my 1985 cornwalls in walnut. they were exactly what i wanted! there were 4 hours away. i stopped my workout and immediately called the guy. he was surprised as he said he had only posted the add like 3 minutes ago. we talked for a few about them and i requested a few more pics and said id call him back around lunch time.

so a few hours later i called and said id like to come take a look. he said he had got like 100 phone calls about them and guessed he had a good price on them. i was honest and told him he had a great price on them and told him i was very interested.

as i was ready to leave that afternoon and make the drive we started getting tornado warnings all over around here. i called and asked if he would hold them. he asked me how serious i was cause he had a line of people local wanting to come pick them up immediately. told him as soon as the weather passed i would leave. well turned out to be storm for two days. we talked once in that time and i told him first thing friday morning i would head that way. he said he had more offers and even guys offering double what he was asking but he would hold them for me since i was fist in line.

so three days later and lots of phone calls to assure i was still interested i drove 4 hours to his house, hung out for almost 7 hours as he was retired and a veteran like my self. great guy. took my dream speakers home. there is something to be said for people who will hold their word. very noble thing to do.