NEED A PAIR OF K-HORNS

CECAA850

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO WHAT..I am making a few hundred on my long trip to Charleston SC?? So this makes me a dirt bag?? The K-Horns are like any other item that people buy, and sellConfused

If I have offended any one on this great forum..I am sorry! Dont buy from me. I do not push my items on this forum at all.Cool

IMO, flipping items is just fine as long as it is not done under false or misleading pretences. I am not sure if these Khorns were bought from a forum member or not, which really should not matter anyway. I just think that the over zealous enthusiasm may have been a bit misleading, whether intentional or not.

These statements here have led me(us) to believe that you just can't live without a pair of Klipschorns and you are soliciting this great forums' help to realise your dream:

"Yes, the Avatar photo was taken 5 years ago..I take pride in caring for my K-Horns. Thank you very much for the encouraging words, and the welcome Bill! I am a 58 year old gentleman, studio musician (Steinberger Bass) player, and pro photographerBig Smile Who misses my HORNS to extreme levelsSad

I dont expect my next pair of Horns to be so pristene..but very beautiful will doParadise "

While I don't think all the insults and bashing are appropriate here, especially from such a caring and helpful bunch of guys, I do understand where they may be coming from.

With that, let's forgive and move on.

Bill

OK..Thank you Bill[Y]

IMO, flipping items is just fine as long as it is not done under false or misleading pretences.<snip>

Like this:

Hello..I am looking for a vintage
set of K-Horns to replace my 1986's that were severly damaged in a
storm. I am located in Central Florida (Orlando-Daytona) area. MUST BE
IN PRISTINE CONDITION PLEASE AND ONLY K-HORNS!! Thank you.

Please contact me ASAP..Cash waitingYes

photomaster@embarqmail.com

Thank you.. Rick.

Why is it a shame that people are helping out sellers that need money by buying their product, which happens to be K-Horns, then making a little profit? Is it a shame that people buy cars and re-sell? The pricing of used K-Horns are too Dam Cheap any way!!!

Reaching out to this forum and having everyone look for and help you get K Horns for a good deal (too damm cheap per your quote) because we all think that you really love the speakers, then making money on it because you know you can flip them is just plain dishonest. Everyone helped you because they thought that they were doing good by making someone happy. Goodwill in that you obtain speakers that you love (or so everyone thought). Instead you are happy because you made a quick buck and someone else who loves the speakers had to pay a premium because you got in the middle with a lie.

It would have been the same way if you got on a forumrelated to a particular car.

I was so happy to see you get the K Horns that I didn't even post that putting a listening chair directly between them made you look foolish.

EDIT: Wait, is this even you? http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/175841.aspx?PageIndex=1 Mistaken identity? If so sorry.

Why is it a shame that people are helping out sellers that need money by buying their product, which happens to be K-Horns, then making a little profit? Is it a shame that people buy cars and re-sell? The pricing of used K-Horns are too Dam Cheap any way!!!

Reaching out to this forum and having everyone look for and help you get K Horns for a good deal (too damm cheap per your quote) because we all think that you really love the speakers, then making money on it because you know you can flip them is just plain dishonest. Everyone helped you because they thought that they were doing good by making someone happy. Goodwill in that you obtain speakers that you love (or so everyone thought). Instead you are happy because you made a quick buck and someone else who loves the speakers had to pay a premium because you got in the middle with a lie.

It would have been the same way if you got on a forumrelated to a particular car.

I was so happy to see you get the K Horns that I didn't even post that putting a listening chair directly between them made you look foolish.

EDIT: Wait, is this even you? http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/175841.aspx?PageIndex=1 Mistaken identity? If so sorry.

I too was wondering what was going on as the thread seemed to be spoofing KHORNLOVER soliciting the forum to find the pair of Khorns that he would have until 2073, then turning around to flip them a month later, and then out of nowhere, LoveKHORNS was jumping into this thread to present his side of the Russ situation or story (which is always good to hear all sides of any issue); therefore, I went back and read the following threads.

It is difficult to determine what is true and what isn't, but almost seems like the same person with two forum identities. In some respects, playing on the emotions (each situation was one involving some type of distress) of helpful forum members to find him great deals (to flip?), if this was the true intent, almost seems like the panhandler that only pretends to be hungry and homeless (then you see him later in the day drive away in a much nicer car than you could ever afford)?

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/164549/1756032.aspx#1756032

Hello..I am looking for a vintage set of K-Horns to replace my 1986's that were severly damaged in a storm. I am located in Central Florida (Orlando-Daytona) area. MUST BE IN PRISTINE CONDITION PLEASE AND ONLY K-HORNS!! Thank you.

Please contact me ASAP..Cash waitingYes

Thank you.. Rick.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/175841.aspx?PageIndex=1

Hello, I am new to this GREAT FORUMBig Smile Sadly I recently sold my 1978 Set of K-Horns to help a family member obtain transportation[:'(] NOW, that this family member is driving, and my babies are still gone..I need to find a very beautiful pair at a fair price..PLEASE HELPYes I am located in CENTRAL FLORIDA. Thank you in advance for any information that can help me..I try to stay away from craigs/ebay..but will look at all.

luv2labs@embarqmail.com

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/164548/1756028.aspx#1756028

Hello..I am new to this great site, and I am sorry that my first post is a downer. I had my vintage K-Horns (1986) destroyed in a tornado last year.Sad I have been looking to purchase a replacement for month's now. I purchased my wonderful speakers new, never moved except for delivery. I took pride in the speakers, in fact they were my prized point of musical enjoyment. I live in the Central Florida area (Orlando-Daytona).. PLEASE..If any one has or knows of a vintage pair of Klipschorns..in wonderful condition for sale, Kindly send the information my way. ONLY LOOKING FOR K-HORNS..THANK YOUBig Smile

Thank you so very much for the help Big Smile

While I'm sure that it is often true that this can be a service and much needed by the seller that is not sophisticated in selling, the part about "helping out sellers that need money" may be a stretch in this instance from reading the thread below as it seems like the seller in SC was trying to give someone a deal as he passed his Khorns forward to KHORNLOVER.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/175900/2053863.aspx#2053863

YES!! Had a lengthy conversation with the owner (54) year old gent, he purchased them from the original owner in a very up scale neighbor hood..He is selling for more room, never uses the HornsRoll-eyes "It's not about the money" he says..Just wants to pass on a nice dealYes Well GREAT!! I am on the way at 7:00 AM..Hope they do in fact fit in the Tahoe with the rear seat removed, and mid seat down..Horns removed from the bins.

ANY ONE WITH KNOWLEDGE of the fit in the CHEVY..please ease my mindSmile

Thanks again to FUZZY DOG and RUSS and this great forum for the help..Only took a week or soMusic

The flipping of stuff in and of itself doesn't necessarily bother me since in many instances the activity can widen the market for an item that people may not be aware of, or they want, but cannot necessarily find easily themselves, and it seems like flipping of everything seems to be 'in style' these days, as we can see it in various reality shows; however, it seems someone should do their 'own work' rather than play (or prey?) upon the sympathy of others......

I too was wondering what was going on as the thread seemed to be spoofing KHORNLOVER soliciting the forum to find the pair of Khorns that he would have until 2073, then turning aroud to flip them a month later,

That is correct. I'm not quite sure how Lovekhorns got dragged into the conversation. Possibly a guilty conscience? Mix up in similar names?

Too low? What I believe people should do is grab a hold of Orion's blue book and find out the real prices for used gear! I'm looking at people trying to sell Cornwall i's for $1500!? That's a shame, especially when the Blue book is $576 a pair for Cornwall 1's. I paid over for mine only because I loved them that much and loved the finish! Have I ever flipped anything...sure, but I looked for it myself without soliciting the mass aid of a brand lovers group. That's the part that seems morally wrong here. If your hunting Khorns or other classic speakers, just do a Craigslist search.....that way your rep is clean and forum enthusiast don't feel used. Just saying .

I too was wondering what was going on as the thread seemed to be spoofing KHORNLOVER soliciting the forum to find the pair of Khorns that he would have until 2073, then turning aroud to flip them a month later,

That is correct. I'm not quite sure how Lovekhorns got dragged into the conversation. Possibly a guilty conscience? Mix up in similar names?

I thought coincidence at first and it does seem nice that he thought of compensating Russ for the time involved and use of his money until refunded, but now I'm considering new information that after reading all of the threads only adds to the 'coincidence' as I found this post regarding LoveKHORNS finding 1978 Khorns and now KHORNLOVER is trying to replace a set of 1978 Khorns that he sold to help out a family member in distress.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/164548/1756028.aspx#1756028

FOUD A WONDERFUL PAIR OF 1978 K-Horns!! Thank you very much for the great post Bill.

The Klipschorns are from one owner, older gentleman who really "never used them much". They are absolutely georgeous. AND..for only $2500 for the pairBig Smile

My home is fine..a few shingles that have since been repaired. It was my seperate "Music room" that got hit. State Farm stepped up for once..and all is well.

CheersMusic

So, lovekhorns and khornlover are you the same person?

What took you guys so long?Stick out tongue

If they are not the same, weird coincidence indeed.

Bill

I suspect that by now most of us knew, but for those that didn't, I guess that we didn't want to assume or accuse or conclude for others that seemed confused; therefore, we identified a trail of specific posts for those to draw their own concludsions and we concluded with the opportunity for those involved to 'stand up and come forward' and more clearly present their view or perspective or reasoning.....or for myself, it could just be related to finding an amusing thread on a rainy afternoon that shot down all of my scheduled outdoor plans today.....The remaining question in my mind is if there are other forum identities that can be traced back to the purchase of the 1986 Khorns lost in the storm (a demonstration on how easily we can become skeptical and cynical, and how easily our trust and someone's credibility can be undermined when we feel duped)?

I suspect that by now most of us knew, but for those that didn't, I guess that we didn't want to assume or accuse or conclude for others that seemed confused; therefore, we identified a trail of specific posts for those to draw their own concludsions and we concluded with the opportunity for those involved to 'stand up and come forward' and more clearly present their view or perspective or reasoning.

"What took you guys so long?Stick out tongue"

That statement was meant to be tongue in cheek.[:#]

Bill

I suspect that by now most of us knew, but for those that didn't, I guess that we didn't want to assume or accuse or conclude for others that seemed confused; therefore, we identified a trail of specific posts for those to draw their own concludsions and we concluded with the opportunity for those involved to 'stand up and come forward' and more clearly present their view or perspective or reasoning.

"What took you guys so long?Stick out tongue"

That statement was meant to be tongue in cheek.Zip it!

Bill

I knew that, I can no longer keep up with the technical stuff in the crossover thread and now I guess I just failed the Mark Deneen school of writing a thought without the use of emoticons [;)]

Guest Anonymous

Earlier post:

"I'm not quite sure how Lovekhorns got dragged into the conversation. Possibly a guilty conscience? Mix up in similar names?"

On this forum: Lovekhorns (at least until recently anyway); on Ebay: 1corvette racer: same guy: confirmed it separately.

Yep, same exact pair throughout--per his photos--of the Klipsch sticker on the back: #8549472--no question about it!

First photo when purchased: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/175841.aspx?PageIndex=3 (at bottom of page).

Second photo listed on CL for $1,200.00 more at $3.2K: http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/4075826267.html

Third photo listed on EBAY for the same, $3.2K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCHORN-SPEAKERS-VINTAGE-1985-WALNUT-CONSECUTIVE-NUMBERS-MINT-MINT-LOVED-/251342013233?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a8526c331#ht_908wt_924

So, lovekhorns and khornlover are you the same person?

What took you guys so long?Stick out tongue

If they are not the same, weird coincidence indeed.

Bill

I suspect that by now most of us knew, but for those that didn't, I guess that we didn't want to assume or accuse or conclude for others that seemed confused; therefore, we identified a trail of specific posts for those to draw their own concludsions and we concluded with the opportunity for those involved to 'stand up and come forward' and more clearly present their view or perspective or reasoning.....or for myself, it could just be related to finding an amusing thread on a rainy afternoon that shot down all of my scheduled outdoor plans today.....The remaining question in my mind is if there are other forum identities that can be traced back to the purchase of the 1986 Khorns lost in the storm (a demonstration on how easily we can become skeptical and cynical, and how easily our trust and someone's credibility can be undermined when we feel duped)?

My question was more a jab at getting a response than an actual question. The next thing I would have liked to know is why the second identity as he clearly was responding to accusations to the first identity.

Hey Four Crowns, I am not sure what your stake in this is but how about you take of your own issues instead of worring about what others are doing!!! How about I post our PM's about the Amp, DAC, that you couldn't make your mind up on!!! You still haven't had the decentcy to get back to me or even answer my PM's about which item you were talking about!!!