LaScala VS. Belle

SonicSeeker

Pretty sure the belle has a much smaller mid horn. The size of a old Cornwall I think. Some one will probably jump in and correct me. The belle mid driver is a 1" vs the 2" also I think.

Klipsch site says K-55-X 2" phenolic diaphragm compression midrange driver.

Same for the La Scala I.

Sorry to be the one to jump in.[:P]

Bill

Yes I read that also, I sat here for about three hours last night trying to determine if that was the case, comparing the tweeter size to the midhorn size in both pictures. The lascala is narrower and deeper. But the horn sure looks bigger on the LaScala, I need to make a call on belle or lascala and I have to be sure they both have the same horns, I would really be bummin if they were not and I chose the belle. If everything is equall which way would you go?

So, the horn would be smaller thus the sound would be different than the K-horn, correct? I have never heard the LaScala or the Belle and I really need to make up my mind. Pretty is nice but I am all about sound I had to sell my two chanell set up when we moved and am missing my Klipschorns something awfull but do not have room in the new house for them so I want to make sure the mid-horns are the same so the sound will be as close to how awsome my khorns were as far as detail and clarity and depth ect.

as far as sound you can't go wrong with either one. to many factors come into play like can you find a nice set of belles, can you find a nice set of scalas.

the belle is 30" wide and 18" deep where the lascala is 24" wide and 24" deep. most people don't have room for 24" deep

the belle comes in beautiful veneer and the scala comes in plywood and black plywood

I would prefer the looks and size of the belle's but as I said it is all about the sound, and would, at my wifes dismay, go less pretty if the sound is noticably better. I really miss the mids. I have a couple of belles I am looking at right now and some LaScalas unfortunately none are close enough for an audition.

They don't make the Belle Klipsch anymore -- if you could find a nice pair I would buy those. I wouldn't imagine there to be any kind of jaw dropping difference between the two. Like Christopher said, they use the same components with the exception of the midhorn. They must have been something special to PK, he did after all name it after his first wife.

why do those look so shiny? is that vinyl or hardwood veneer?