I'm Renting The Farmhouse.

This is a good suggestion. I'm looking at some possibilities and can only say that I'm going to try to make a gathering happen at Hope on the 28th and 29th of March. Maybe if one piece of this can be firmed-up, we can get interest enough to have some leverage to get a good gathering of the Pilgrims.

SSH

• Like 1

I agree, but I want us to have some variety to pair with some Klipsch, if possible. I'll bring Pcats and a Peach if someone will bring VRDs. I hope I've spoken sweetly enough to someone to have another pre there.

Edited by ssh

I've got a Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp that I can bring if anyone would be interested in throwing it in the mix. My take on the sound is that it is in the same league as the JM preamps. Different signature, but something that was fun running as an alternate to let the JM rest and listen to the Sunfire for a while. For a while had the Peach and Merlin in the stable. Really had a world of fun with that trio of front end candidates.

It's really ok with me if it stay's home, too. Sometimes there can be too much gear trying to move in systems and doesn't really allow for unhurried listening. A particular piece of gear can always wait for the next gathering.

It is possible that i'll have a couple of Bottlehead projects built by then.

Also have a nice Virtue Audio offering which is little brick looking tripath amp.

Just throwing out a few options for possibilities.

Yeah, now I remember that.

Wonder if any of the Klipsch locals might know of something. If they are not in any way involved perhaps Texarkana, bit less than 30 minutes away, might offer more options. Maybe rent a whole B&B for a Friday-Sunday if you have enough needing a place to stay. Those of us not needing housing could just kick in whatever you think for the privilege.

However, it's your event, and I'll be there wherever you have it unless something bigger than me stops me. This whole idea of a old fashioned "happening" appeals to me.

Dave

Yeah, now I remember that.

Wonder if any of the Klipsch locals might know of something. If they are not in any way involved perhaps Texarkana, bit less than 30 minutes away, might offer more options. Maybe rent a whole B&B for a Friday-Sunday if you have enough needing a place to stay. Those of us not needing housing could just kick in whatever you think for the privilege.

However, it's your event, and I'll be there wherever you have it unless something bigger than me stops me. This whole idea of a old fashioned "happening" appeals to me.

Dave

Dave, IIRC, the Super 8 ( an old MCM Holiday Inn) has two (?) secure large meeting rooms off the lobby, used now by the Rotary and Kiwana clubs for monthly meetings.

Well, PM, as I mentioned I am a participant and not a principle on this. Just let me know where and when to show up.

No reservations allowed at an Arkansas outhouse. First come, first served. Bring yer own paper.

Dave

Ditto. I brought up the Super 8 in the first place because I noticed what good meeting spaces they had when I stayed there last. Many of the acoustical problems of the Farmhouse should be absent. We just nee to be sure and book the rooms above it!

Looks fine. From a Houstonite viewpoint, Hope is in the neighborhood to Texarkana. Hope is perfectly cool and no problem at all from my old family homestead. I really didn't know what was there and figured any visits to stare at the Klipsch plant or picket Hope city hall :emotion-14: would be just as easy from Txk with more possible options for a venue.

I just wanna spend some time with Forum friends, suck down a few brews, and do some tunes!

Dave

I'm just the spark here, Dave. I'm working to get us together with some Klipsch and associated gear fun. March the 28th & 29th I would like to see lots of forum members in Hope. I'll provide some BBQ and sides on Saturday and hopefully we'll have some other surprises. I think some of them are waiting to see if we have enough interest to make it worthwhile. I'll post room prices sometime this week-Like I said, there's been a lot of phone tag.

SSH