• Announcements

• Chad

Login Help   08/01/16

IMPORTANT: Member accounts now use your display name (the handle that is displayed next to your posts, which may have been different from your username on the old forums) for logging in. If you have forgotten your display name or password, you can click the "forgot password" link and have your display name emailed to you with an option to also reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssh

I'm Renting The Farmhouse.

256 posts in this topic

Summer before last, I gave Klipsch the first of their speakers that I ever heard (1965-shorthorns from the El Dorado, AR choir dept.) to referbish and sell for their fundraiser. I've been a Klipsch fan for a long time. Last summer, my heart broke at the news that the Pilgrimage was cancelled. With the advent of the new forum, I thought it would be a good time to invite Klipsch folks to a Klipsch party at the Klipsch hometown. This is entirely devoid of any knowledge, blessing, or approval from anyone at Klipsch. If it turns out to be an ARKLATEX gathering, we'll have a blast, but I'd like to see some of you Yankees, and others, too. I'll post soon with some details. Since it's Hog country, we'll have to Bar-B-Que one.

SSH

"The Farm house is not available for rent in 2014", I was told when I called today to rent it for next March.

Edited by ssh
4 people like this

Love to BBQ. I will make the Trip from Boston, MA !!!!

2 people like this

BBQ... Come on down... I'll treat you to some excellent Texas morsels.....

Hog killing weather lately. Hoping it will still be so on November 23d!

Seriously, have any dates in mind?

Maybe during spring break. Enough time to plan and line up some music. Open to suggestions, though

1 person likes this

Hmmmmmm. If I go to this, I won't make the pilgrimage IF they have one next year. Decisions, decisions.

This is not intended to compete with The Pilgrimage, just to ensure that we have an opportunity to get together for a meaningful purpose in a meaningful place.

1 person likes this

This is not intended to compete with The Pilgrimage, just to ensure that we have an opportunity to get together for a meaningful purpose in a meaningful place.

Understood, it's just my quandry, the old bird in the hand situation. I want to go to SOMETHING, preferably the pilgrimage however I'd go to your gathering if there were no pilgrimage. The problem is I won't know if there will be one or not till after yours is over. I can't do both.

1 person likes this

Sounds like fun.

Schedule permitting, I would come. One of the most fun gatherings that I have attended was an "unofficial" event in Hope hosted by some of the Arkansas area forum members (I think in 2005). Doing this at the Farmhouse would be great.

1 person likes this

Tossing out some possible dates...March 28 & 29 or March 21 & 22...Thoughts?

1 person likes this

I am working on some possible activities that require some notice of a date. I can't even yet say what the possibilities are, but once we see some positive reaction to this and set a date, maybe we can make some announcements that will stir you to make a trip to Hope.

Back to the drawing board.

Bummer.

Dependent on when, I'd certainly be there and would likely (have to check with the landlord, my brother) able to offer a roof in Texarkana to one or more at our lil' ol family homestead he still maintains there as a "place to be." For those from afar, it's less than an easy half hour from Klipsch HQ.

Anyway, certainly interested and I suspect LoneLobo would be as well, again dependent on when.

Dave

1 person likes this

Steve, this sounds like fun. Hope date comes together. I'd be glad to throw in on the farmhouse rental, too.

I edited the top post, but some haven't seen it. When I called on the 7th to rent it, I was told, "The Farm house is not for rent in 2014."

Thus, my post, "Back to the drawing board."

SS

The Hope "Super 8" motel (old Mid-Century Modern Holiday Inn) has meeting rooms PERFECT for show and tell.

Edited by pmsummer