256 replies to this topic

#1 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Summer before last, I gave Klipsch the first of their speakers that I ever heard (1965-shorthorns from the El Dorado, AR choir dept.) to referbish and sell for their fundraiser. I've been a Klipsch fan for a long time. Last summer, my heart broke at the news that the Pilgrimage was cancelled. With the advent of the new forum, I thought it would be a good time to invite Klipsch folks to a Klipsch party at the Klipsch hometown. This is entirely devoid of any knowledge, blessing, or approval from anyone at Klipsch. If it turns out to be an ARKLATEX gathering, we'll have a blast, but I'd like to see some of you Yankees, and others, too. I'll post soon with some details. Since it's Hog country, we'll have to Bar-B-Que one.

SSH

"The Farm house is not available for rent in 2014", I was told when I called today to rent it for next March.

Edited by ssh, 07 November 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Eighty miles from Hope;Eight feet from Klipsch

#2 sethwade

sethwade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Love to BBQ. I will make the Trip from Boston, MA !!!!

#3 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,875 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

BBQ... Come on down... I'll treat you to some excellent Texas morsels.....

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."  Thomas Jefferson

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." John Wooden

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others."  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#4 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hog killing weather lately. Hoping it will still be so on November 23d!

Seriously, have any dates in mind?

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SB, HEIGHT), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) Surround, kg1 SURROUND BACK, kg3 HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#5 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Maybe during spring break. Enough time to plan and line up some music. Open to suggestions, though

#6 Thaddeus Smith

Thaddeus Smith

Michael Ray

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'm in.

"It's all about the source material. You can't fix crap."

5.1 system: Denon 3808ci // Fronts: RF-5 // Center: RC-7 // Surrounds: R-3650-W // LFE: diy Cinema f-20 // Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP-93 // Mitsubishi WD-73738 // Harmony 900

2-channel system: YJ TPA3116D 2.0 soul with Elna and Wima cap upgrades in a Dynaco ST-120 body// '83 Cornwalls with Aletheia battery biased B-2's// MBP + ODAC + JRiver + FLAC

#7 CECAA850

CECAA850

Klipsch Forum Lifer Carlooch

• Members
  • 13,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast TX

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hmmmmmm. If I go to this, I won't make the pilgrimage IF they have one next year. Decisions, decisions.

A Harmony One remote runs a............. Pioneer Elite KURO 150FD display. Anthem D2 pre-pro. 4 QSC PLX 1104 amps. Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player. Toshiba XA2 HDDVD player. IB sub with 4 Ascendant Audio 18" drivers powered by a Behringer EP-2500. 2 Klipsch Dean G'd RF-7's, 1 Dean G'd RC-7, 2 RS-7's and 2 RB-35's, all protected by a Furman Elite 20-PFi

Bedroom 1, Lascalas w/ ALK networks and Crites tweeters, Juicy Music modded Crown D-45, Njoe Tjoeb CD player and an Anthem TLP-1. Tuba 18 sub powered by a Behringer A-500.

Bedroom 2, Heresy II's with III upgrade, Carver TFM-15, Carver CT-6 and a Sony CDP C235.

#8 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

This is not intended to compete with The Pilgrimage, just to ensure that we have an opportunity to get together for a meaningful purpose in a meaningful place.

#9 CECAA850

CECAA850

Klipsch Forum Lifer Carlooch

• Members
  • 13,303 posts
  • LocationSoutheast TX

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

This is not intended to compete with The Pilgrimage, just to ensure that we have an opportunity to get together for a meaningful purpose in a meaningful place.

Understood, it's just my quandry, the old bird in the hand situation. I want to go to SOMETHING, preferably the pilgrimage however I'd go to your gathering if there were no pilgrimage. The problem is I won't know if there will be one or not till after yours is over. I can't do both.

A Harmony One remote runs a............. Pioneer Elite KURO 150FD display. Anthem D2 pre-pro. 4 QSC PLX 1104 amps. Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player. Toshiba XA2 HDDVD player. IB sub with 4 Ascendant Audio 18" drivers powered by a Behringer EP-2500. 2 Klipsch Dean G'd RF-7's, 1 Dean G'd RC-7, 2 RS-7's and 2 RB-35's, all protected by a Furman Elite 20-PFi

Bedroom 1, Lascalas w/ ALK networks and Crites tweeters, Juicy Music modded Crown D-45, Njoe Tjoeb CD player and an Anthem TLP-1. Tuba 18 sub powered by a Behringer A-500.

Bedroom 2, Heresy II's with III upgrade, Carver TFM-15, Carver CT-6 and a Sony CDP C235.

#10 pmsummer

pmsummer

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • 12,778 posts
  • LocationJack Coffee Hays, The Republic of Texas

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like fun.

PM Summer
simul justus et peccator

6kfm.jpg

#11 Seadog

Seadog

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Schedule permitting, I would come. One of the most fun gatherings that I have attended was an "unofficial" event in Hope hosted by some of the Arkansas area forum members (I think in 2005). Doing this at the Farmhouse would be great.

'89 Klipschorns, 79 Cornwalls, 73 Vertical Decorator Cornwalls, '83 Heresys, '78 Heresys, SW10-II, '85 KG4s, AW650s, AWR-650-SM. Scott 299D (NOSValves), Dynaco Mark III's (GSI mod), Scott 130 (NOSValves). No, its not fair, its physics (and economics).

#12 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Tossing out some possible dates...March 28 & 29 or March 21 & 22...Thoughts?

#13 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I am working on some possible activities that require some notice of a date. I can't even yet say what the possibilities are, but once we see some positive reaction to this and set a date, maybe we can make some announcements that will stir you to make a trip to Hope.

#14 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Back to the drawing board.

#15 pmsummer

pmsummer

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Back to the drawing board.

Bummer.

PM Summer
simul justus et peccator

6kfm.jpg

#16 Mallette

Mallette

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• SPAM Patrol
  • 15,466 posts
  • LocationSeabrook on Galveston Bay

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Dependent on when, I'd certainly be there and would likely (have to check with the landlord, my brother) able to offer a roof in Texarkana to one or more at our lil' ol family homestead he still maintains there as a "place to be." For those from afar, it's less than an easy half hour from Klipsch HQ.

Anyway, certainly interested and I suspect LoneLobo would be as well, again dependent on when.

Dave

David A. Mallette "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington
If you are SERIOUSLY bored, my BLOG. Some thoughts on audio in there if you look hard enough.

#17 Daddy Dee

Daddy Dee

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • 21,044 posts
  • LocationArkansas Post

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

Steve, this sounds like fun. Hope date comes together. I'd be glad to throw in on the farmhouse rental, too.

I know i'm paranoid. But am i paranoid enough? -- Tom Clancy

#18 ssh

ssh

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I edited the top post, but some haven't seen it. When I called on the 7th to rent it, I was told, "The Farm house is not for rent in 2014."

Thus, my post, "Back to the drawing board."

SS

#19 Daddy Dee

Daddy Dee

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • 21,044 posts
  • LocationArkansas Post

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

ok. got it.

I know i'm paranoid. But am i paranoid enough? -- Tom Clancy

#20 pmsummer

pmsummer

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

The Hope "Super 8" motel (old Mid-Century Modern Holiday Inn) has meeting rooms PERFECT for show and tell.

Edited by pmsummer, 12 November 2013 - 07:35 PM.

PM Summer
simul justus et peccator

6kfm.jpg