Complete Rf-7ii System Purchase (Best Deal Of My Life)

Youthman

• Moderators

Congrats on the amazing find. They look like mint in the picture. So how much did you pay for the 11 speakers in the end? Do tell, I'm ready to hit the floor! :P

When I first purchased the 11 speakers, I honestly didn't know what my plan was. I just knew it was too good of a deal to pass up and might be 10 years or so before the price would come down enough for me to justify buying them so I bought them, even without discussing it with my wife.

First trip - Paid $1000 for (2) RF-7ii, RC-64ii, (2) RS-62ii and (2) RB-81ii (That's $142.85 per speaker).

Second trip - She turned down my offer of $1000 for the remaining 4 speakers because she said she had a buyer for $1400

Third trip - Paid $1000 for the remaining (2) RF-7ii and (2) RS-62ii speakers.

I paid her a total of $2000 for all 11 speakers and the seller was very happy and appreciative of the amount she received for the speakers. I simply told her what I was willing to pay and in the end, she was willing to sell for my offer. It was a Win/Win for both of us.

$2000 / 11 speakers = $181.81 per speaker.

WakeJunkie ended up with an awesome deal on one pair of the RF-7ii's plus an RC-7 & RS-35's

I sold the RB-81ii's locally because I did not have a place for them in any of my setups.

I sold the Cherry RF-7's locally after doing some A/B between the RF-7 and RF-7ii. I liked the smoother sound of the RF-7ii.

I sold my original RS-62's on Ebay since the newer RS-62ii would be replacing them.

So after all is said and done, I ended up being able to keep the majority of the 11 speakers with no money out of pocket. Youthman is all for FREE Speakers. :D Now you see why this was the best deal of my life and why I didn't worry about asking permission from the wife?

I couldn't be happier with the performance of the RF-7ii's in the 2ch setup. I was listening to Will Chamblain's "Carry On" last night and had my eyes closed and found myself captured by what I was hearing.

The RC-64ii sounds fantastic in my son's bedroom (although I haven't listened to it but a few times) and the (4) RS-62's look and sound great in the HT.

I have to admit that my visit to Youthman's was quite impressive. Three flagship systems under one roof....WOW.

The two channel setup was overwhelming. My wife sat in front of those RF-7ii's for several hours while Youth and I worked on projects. Song after song completely impressed herself.

After the demo of the 2-channel all I could really say was WOW. They are simply stunning both audibly and visually. His living room décor and comfort really add to the experience. This is a very nice room!

I have heard Youth's HT several times and enjoy it each and every visit. After mounting the new RS-62ii's we played some demos and the room really has a great overall sound.

Very full, plenty of clean bass. This was my first visit since the acoustic treatments and that was a huge difference. It was noticeable in the first few seconds in the room just talking.

The room is noticeably quieter without being dead. Between the treatments and jumping to 7.1 with the new 200Wx7 amp he really has bumped up to the next level with this room.

I myself took home a pair of those RF-7ii's and my wife and I have lost count of the hours spent laying on the giant beanbag playing songs on Spotify.

If you have a HT or a 2 channel and have not hooked up a PC to your system for Spotify or similar you are missing out.

When I first purchased the 11 speakers, I honestly didn't know what my plan was. I just knew it was too good of a deal to pass up and might be 10 years or so before the price would come down enough for me to justify buying them so I bought them, even without discussing it with my wife.

First trip - Paid $1000 for (2) RF-7ii, RC-64ii, (2) RS-62ii and (2) RB-81ii (That's $142.85 per speaker).

Second trip - She turned down my offer of $1000 for the remaining 4 speakers because she said she had a buyer for $1400

Third trip - Paid $1000 for the remaining (2) RF-7ii and (2) RS-62ii speakers.

$2000 / 11 speakers = $181.81 per speaker.

am I the only one that feels bad for "the Lady"?

Edited by Schu

am I the only one that feels bad for "the Lady"?

Yes...I believe you are. ;-) She said she did her research and knew they were expensive. She then agreed to a price and sold her Ex-husband's junk that was taking up space in her garage.

Frankly, I have little pity on anyone that would toss Reference Series Speakers in the garage and think of them as "in the way."

• Moderators

I agree with wake. Wendy was super nice and she even told me she knew I wa getting a good deal. This is why she originally declined my offer during the second visit. Fact is I had cash in hand, made an offer of what I would be willing to pay based on available funds and she accepted it knowing they were worth more than what I could offer.

Now that was a great deal, congrats. I thought I got a good deal but you done much better.I ordered my RF-82ii from a big box store when they had a buy one get one free deal on plus they had $350 off the selling price. Much to my suprise they sent 4 of them but only charged me for the one plus took the $350 off that price. I waited a couple of months but they never did charge me for them so I sold two of them still in the box. It made my day, ha-ha.

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Well, I was cleaning out some files on my computer and came across a screenshot of the original ad that I saved.  This is where it all began. 

Based on her ad, I went there expecting to buy an RC-64 version 1 for $433 and a pair of RB-81 version 1 for $208 which would have been a sweet deal in itself.  Instead, I ended up going home that day with (2) RF-7ii, (2) RS-62ii, RC-64ii and (2) RB-81ii for $1000. 

Later made 2 separate trips to purchase the remaining (2) RF-7ii and (2) RS-62ii for another $1000.

I assumed that since she had listed the RB-81 as each, that the RS-62ii for $379 was for each speaker....nope....she was going to sell it for $379 for the pair.

Funny thing is she didn't even list in the ad that she had (4) RF-7ii.

Super sweet lady.  Hated to see her get a divorce but am sure grateful to be the recipient of a great deal.

Klipsch-RC-64-Ad.jpg

Youthman, a late congrats, and thanks for bringing this one back.  I had not seen your tremendous find.  I can relate to those restless toss & turn nights.  No way I would have gotten a wink if I had experienced that.  Must have been very hard to maintain your composure, but you did do them a big favor giving them their garage space back.   :lol:  :rolleyes:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  

• Moderators
I can relate to those restless toss & turn nights. No way I would have gotten a wink if I had experienced that.

Yes, I'm a very deep sleeper.....but not that night.  Every 45 min or so I would wake up and check the time.  LOL 

Must have been very hard to maintain your composure, but you did do them a big favor giving them their garage space back.

Most definitely.  It was poker face all the way, but on the inside I was screaming, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"  :D

Those are all the actual speakers pictured in your original post?  Phenomenal!  I will be going back to visit that pic often...already have 4 or 5 times in the last 20 minutes.  That must have been one ugly divorce.  How could he leave those behind?  Like leaving kids or pets.  She must have had an excellent attorney.  His must have been this guy...

220px-JoePesci-2009.jpg

My cousin Vinny

• Moderators

Those are all the actual speakers pictured in your original post?

Yes, this was the entire system that I purchased from her.  The photo was taken in my home theater.

I liked the photo so much, I made a 1920x1080 Desktop Wallpaper for my computer and added the Klipsch logo.

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

Those are all the actual speakers pictured in your original post?

Yes, this was the entire system that I purchased from her.  The photo was taken in my home theater.

I liked the photo so much, I made a 1920x1080 Desktop Wallpaper for my computer and added the Klipsch logo.

Amazing photo Youthman!