Thread lock

CECAA850

I knew that there was a reason why I left this forum for a while...I really don't enjoy this type of low brow "humor", especially from those that know better than to bait an admin trying to do his job. The latest display of bad manners sinks to new lows, IMHO.

Klipsch: you've been a real asset to my "audio career". Thanks a million, especially Roy, Amy, Chad and the rest of the K-crowd. PWK lives through you guys. You all are "top notch".

Chris A,

I'm glad you are back. I was beginning to worry about you.

• Moderators

The only reason that thread wasn't locked before is we didn't truly have a moderator back then. I started out in 2000 monitoring ProMedia only. The rest of the forum was like the Wild West. I took over maybe 2004ish? With Trey's help, we reined it in a bit. Now it's the wild Midwest. I still think we're a lot more tolerant than most corporate forums out there.

I knew that there was a reason why I left this forum for a while...I really don't enjoy this type of low brow "humor", especially from those that know better than to bait an admin trying to do his job. The latest display of bad manners sinks to new lows, IMHO.

Klipsch: you've been a real asset to my "audio career". Thanks a million, especially Roy, Amy, Chad and the rest of the K-crowd. PWK lives through you guys. You all are "top notch".

Chris A,

Roy doesn't read or post here anymore!!

Roger

The only reason that thread wasn't locked before is we didn't truly have a moderator back then. I started out in 2000 monitoring ProMedia only. The rest of the forum was like the Wild West. I took over maybe 2004ish? With Trey's help, we reined it in a bit. Now it's the wild Midwest. I still think we're a lot more tolerant than most corporate forums out there.

Amy, you and Chad do a great job. I apologize if the intent of this thread was misinterpreted. It means that I didn't do a good job of conveying my thoughts.

It's funny how I came across that thread. Pete was looking for a Klipsch stencil. I put "stencil" in the search box as I remembered someone selling them at one time. Towards the bottom of the page the "since deleted" thread appeared. The thread title naturally got my curiosity although I have no idea why it appeared under the search criteria of "stencil". After reading it I thought "my how things have changed" and posted the link showing what's tolerated today versus back then after Chad just locked the Dean/Greg thread. I figured the smiley face I posted in the opening post was enough to let all know that there was no malice in my intent.

Carl

Edited by CECAA850

TRVTH

Ah. That felt good. It's been a while...

Dave

I understood the point you were making Carl and I believe most here did. I found nothing offensive in your post.

A lot of the Dean/Greg thread was informative and I learned a lot of "history" by following it to the end. I saw the comparison of threads old and new and yes the old thread may have been censored or at least had the title changed earlier but as Amy said there was not personnel to monitor content at that time.

I admit I enjoy "spirited debate" and I miss a few of the strong personalities who use to post here. I visited as a guest long before I joined the forum and some of the discussions back then were pretty heated as most of you will agree. Some of you may even remember me and MAS going at it in the "Michael Vick" thread that was ultimately locked. We later shared a few PMs and a couple of laughs and as cantankerous as I thought he was.....I would like to see him back!

I like to see a thread given enough rope as long as everyone is civil and something informative is being conveyed. Wasn't Craig's and Mark's earlier thread fun and educational for the most part?

Finally, I agree with Boxx's post and I continue to support Amy as the finest administrator/moderator in all the land :)

Edited by Tarheel

I never had a problem with MAS. As a matter of fact, he gave me his phone number one time and he helped me with a ground loop issue I was having. He was very pleasant on the phone, at least to me.

I think Amy really has a handle on the pulse of the forum as well and does a fine job. I believe Chad did a fine job in making the forum current also.

Edited by CECAA850