The Klipsch Audio Community
JL Sargent

Show us your great photography thread!

The weather here is pretty lousy so thought I would work on an indoor project, in all these years I have never tackled this fun subject ....Try it out guys, it's a bit of a challenge.

post-18926-0-72620000-1387490156_thumb.j

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 3

Nothing like that around here.

They're all over TX. As a matter of fact, they must make or use the blades somewhere around here. I'll see an 18 wheeler with one blade on it heading north every once in a while go by, while looking out my window here at work.

post-18926-0-82100000-1387491335_thumb.j

Trying to fine tune it JL, Sony 16-50mm lens, not macro but it focuses real close, single flashgun, different color backdrops. Timing seems to be the key. The "splash" goes thru lots of phases, catching it just right is down to luck somewhat.

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 1

A rare (heavy) snow storm at the Boxx domicile in Ovilla.....

DSC_0416.jpg

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

Something wrong when Texas has more snow than I have here in Canada....Merry White Christmas "Boxx"

Beautiful home there Boxx.

Thanks...

Beautiful home there Boxx.

Beat me to it. Gorgeous. Wish we had an envy emoticon. It would be appropriate here :)

Somewhere Off the cost of Newfoundland, Canada Summer 2012. post-55152-0-41060000-1387556468_thumb.j

Edited by Turbox
  • Like 1

Do you still own your first camera? Here is mine, given to me by an uncle in 1962 he was a pro photographer and a mountaineer. A couple of years later I bought my first Rolleiflex TLR. That old camera still takes a picture every now and then, and still not a bad camera.attachicon.gifDSC00113resized 3.jpg

I found one of those in some things that my Granddad gave me. Leather case, and flashbulbs for it. Don't know what film it takes. Or much else about it. It would be nice to take some pictures if I could.

John

now we're doing snow?

3322866380_5c502ddf9c_b.jpg

• Like 1

Do you still own your first camera? Here is mine, given to me by an uncle in 1962 he was a pro photographer and a mountaineer. A couple of years later I bought my first Rolleiflex TLR. That old camera still takes a picture every now and then, and still not a bad camera.attachicon.gifDSC00113resized 3.jpg

I found one of those in some things that my Granddad gave me. Leather case, and flashbulbs for it. Don't know what film it takes. Or much else about it. It would be nice to take some pictures if I could.

John

120 roll film...check that the shutter is actually opening (not just clicking) they have a tendency to get stuck over the years, I've had to free mine up a couple of times.

post-18926-0-09940000-1387567173_thumb.j

I spoke too soon when I commented on Boxx's photo....Woke up to a 6" covering of snow this morning.

Edited by oldenough

Poor thing.

post-32707-0-99180000-1387582927_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 3

Poor thing.

That is a sad photo... As a guy that enjoys boats, it is tough to see a nice older wooden boat go to ruin.

Poor thing.

That is a sad photo... As a guy that enjoys boats, it is tough to see a nice older wooden boat go to ruin.

That is a shame, looks like a "Chris Craft". I saved a very similar boat, from a similar fate when I lived in Florida...That's not taken in Pensacola by any chance...is it??

It is a Chris Craft. Taken on Lake Guntersville in North Central Alabama not too long ago.