Have RC64II, Time for new mains

Electricmanscott

As the title says I currently have an RC64II center, about a year now. Just finished theater upgrade, new projector and screen, so I have space to accommodate new L and R speakers. RF7II might be a little taxing for my wallet so I'm thinking maybe rf82ii of find some rf 83. Mostly movie use in 17x12 room seated about 12 feet away, speakers behind AT screen. Thoughts?

Side note, I also have an rc52II brand new in box if anyone is looking for one. Shoot me a pm

Ok so I;m going 83's, there's a pair in the garage sale area or 7IIs. Bstock ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370969850010

Won't be able to listen to both. Not going to waste a dealers time knowing I'm not buying from them. So Knowing that I have a RC64II and love it, which way would YOU go?

They are replacing a pair of 13 year old Cambridge Soundworks Tower IIs

Those rf-7ii are for the pair not each (read the title). And your rc-64ii is voice matched to the rf-7ii and will be a perfect match. It will cost you more but its what you want for that center. You have spent so much already why skimp on 500 now and not get the matching speakers.

If you had the old rc-64 then i would say get the 83 or 63s.

Edited by reference_head

Those rf-7ii are for the pair not each (read the title). And your rc-64ii is voice matched to the rf-7ii and will be a perfect match. It will cost you more but its what you want for that center. You have spent so much already why skimp on 500 now and not get the matching speakers.

If you had the old rc-64 then i would say get the 83 or 63s.

+1000. Get the rf-7ii. They ARE what matches! Don't skimp. You've waited 13 years to upgrade. What's another couple weeks of saving a few hundred more.