Need help? Building system $4000 budget

Timothy1180

What avr? Look at some of the members signatures. People use all of the different brands and there are fans of all the brands.The SC 75 should be much better than your current avr since it is a flagship model. I would go with RS speaker and most likely the RS 52. The surround speakers need to be around 3 ft. above your ears. The RS speakers are easy to mount and out of the way.

Edited by derrickdj1

I don't think I'm doing it backwards. I'm just trying to get all 7 at once. I think the 7 speakers will sound better than just two rf7 and rc64.

Also my bpx have 4 5.25 drivers in them with two tweeters and I hear them all the time. I feel like the rs52 is a lateral move. The rs62 is a upgrade I think. But I might miss the extra tweeter if I get rf82.

Am I wrong with these statements. I'm totally new to klipsch?

I would get the best front three I could afford now and worry about the surrounds next year afer I saved a little more. Use your current surrounds and get the RF7s. You will reget it if you buy lesser fronts.

Do the rf82ii need a lot of power?

Just wonder cause you favor power amps

I like to run my left and rights full range provided they can be run as such and sound good.

The rf82's can dig deep and a quality power amp can really help especially if you are hinging on its low end because of no sub or in a 2 channel rig and no sub. Low end takes some good power and an amp with solid power helps dynamics and cleanliness of sound.

The 7's by design do not have A low end that picks up at lower volumes but can be eq'ed some what to compensate. I leave my 7's full range and it melds well with the subs because of the quiet low end it has. Even with the rf5's I would leavw it full range. It is just a matter of taste. If you have an avr and are runnings 7's I would suggest cross ing over at 60-80 hz and relieve some stress on the amp

Do the rf82ii need a lot of power?

Just wonder cause you favor power amps

I like to run my left and rights full range provided they can be run as such and sound good.

The rf82's can dig deep and a quality power amp can really help especially if you are hinging on its low end because of no sub or in a 2 channel rig and no sub. Low end takes some good power and an amp with solid power helps dynamics and cleanliness of sound.

The 7's by design do not have A low end that picks up at lower volumes but can be eq'ed some what to compensate. I leave my 7's full range and it melds well with the subs because of the quiet low end it has. Even with the rf5's I would leavw it full range. It is just a matter of taste. If you have an avr and are runnings 7's I would suggest cross ing over at 60-80 hz and relieve some stress on the amp

Depends on how big your room is. You seem to keep saying the 82's are cheaper so I was thinking you were trying to save a few bucks. Just get the 62's and don't look back then. Problem solved. And get the 7's if

Your gonna get the 64ii. If you get cheaper your just gonna upgrade and your either gonna sell at marker value and lose money and be pissed or ask way too much and sit on em forever. Go big or go home. I've wasted a ton of money beatin around the bush trying to buy a full set instead if what I really wanted

Got it. I agree. I'm just going to buy rf7ii, rc64ii, and rs62ii. Use my pioneer 1522 and definitive sm450 for front heights. That will be at $3850 for those 5. Than I'll buy a receiver for my bedroom like the marantz 5007 or something under $500. I'm sure both systems will sound great than I won't need to sell and upgrade later.

I don't think the x4000 denon or 929 onkyo are better than my pioneer anyways. Only upgrade would be denon 4520 or onkyo 3010 or 5010.

Hope everyone agrees. Thanks for all the help!!!

Oh yeah I hope the klipsch will be better than my definitive or I'll be pissed. Lol

I think that the 7's will do you well. Their imaging is much bigger than the 82's and thats important in a room this size. I can relate well here because our rroos are the same layouts barring mine being open to the kitchen. You should notice a big difference compared to the Def tech's.

If your pioneer has pre outs for multi channel you can always add amps at your leisure if you want.

If you had a much tighter budget I would suggest something else but your budget allkws it which is awesome. Let us know how it turns out

Edited by SuBXeRo

Thanks I'll ask about the free sub. I don't know if I'll be able to use the sub but I guess I could sell it. My rythmik would really over power that klipsch.

Also my pioneer has 11.2 ch preouts and is rated at 130x9 for power. It has the d3 amps. Pio 1522 is really a exact clone if pioneer elite sc65. So I'm sure it'll be fine

• Moderators

You have been given some great advice. I think we have all been down the road of regret and compromise only to find ourselves selling gear for less than we paid only to buy what we really wanted to begin with.

My thoughts, the RC-64ii is definitely a much better speaker than the RC-62ii. Don't skimp on it.

If you want to save money, you will have NO REGRETS with the RS-52ii. I used an RS-52 with my setup for 2 years and they are awesome. I found a great deal on a pair of RS-62 and the upgrade was noticeable but was minor at best. If you can find a pair cheap, get them. If not, the RS-52 are great. I never once felt they were "lacking" in any capacity, even at extremely loud conditions.

If money is a concern, consider buying a used AVR to save some additional cash.

I know researching options, trying to stay within a budget can be frustrating but don't let it suck the fun out of it. I've had a BLAST piecing my systems together over the years, looking for incredible buys on my local Craigslist. I bought this entire RF-7ii system for $2000 a few months back.

Best wishes with your search and be sure to post pics of your new setup once you get it all in it's new home.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

You have been given some great advice. I think we have all been down the road of regret and compromise only to find ourselves selling gear for less than we paid only to buy what we really wanted to begin with.

My thoughts, the RC-64ii is definitely a much better speaker than the RC-62ii. Don't skimp on it.

If you want to save money, you will have NO REGRETS with the RS-52ii. I used an RS-52 with my setup for 2 years and they are awesome. I found a great deal on a pair of RS-62 and the upgrade was noticeable but was minor at best. If you can find a pair cheap, get them. If not, the RS-52 are great. I never once felt they were "lacking" in any capacity, even at extremely loud conditions.

I know researching options, trying to stay within a budget can be frustrating but don't let it suck the fun out of it. I've had a BLAST piecing my systems together over the years, looking for incredible buys on my local Craigslist. I bought this entire RF-7ii system for $2000 a few months back.

Best wishes with your search and be sure to post pics of your new setup once you get it all in it's new home.

Holy cr@p!!!

If I were you, unless you were chasing 4K video then I would forgo the SC-75 or Onkyo and stay with the SC-1522. As far as going to the SC-75, it won't buy you much unless you really need the features of the newer receiver. Pioneer SC to SC, very very similar (same) technology and the SC-1522 will work very well.

Just an option so you can put more money where it will count, into the speakers.

youth did you get a chance to try the towers as lcr?