CRAIGSLIST FINDS- What did you get?

Woofers and Tweeters

All from Craigslist:

Near mint Forte II - $275

KG4s that came with another pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers - $100

Beat up but functionally perfect Chorus - $50

THX Peavey amp & subs from a movie theater - $80

Edited by wuzzzer

Audio on craigslist is dead at my location i hope for just the moment. I have bought a lot of nib stuff including nib klipsch. My favorite stuff is without doubt off craigslist. Probably my favorite clist deal is one of my bgw750c's i bought 2 miles from my house for $30. It was serviced and plug and play near mint and comparing it to the modern 750g that was over $2000 when new and can still be built special order today for $3000 the 750c is over 60lbs of great power for my dual radian rcs118 subwoofer system.

• Like 3

Package deal I picked up a year ago for $300:

Oak Heresy with cane grills and speaker stands

Klipsch KSP-C6 center

Klipsch KSB-S1 surrounds

Velodyne FSR-15 (15" woofer) sub with remote

Pioneer 5-disc DVD with remote

Yamaha DSP-A1 receiver with remote

Sony DLP 50" TV (working with remote)

Stereo rack

wow opus2K29 thats a sweet score. scores like that. at least the days i remember packing my truck and running as fast as i could cause i was tired carrying everything fast, out of breathe and the stress of my wife at the time waiting wether it was 5 bucks or 500 didnt matter i was in for it once got home. glad i have my new wife its crazy what she lets me do. i just wish those deals would come around me these days.

people moving or divorces yield great results iv found. bless their hearts i guess

• Like 3

These people had bought the house and this stuff was left behind. They had their own sound system to install, so they just wanted it gone.

It also helped that they didn't list them as heresy speakers in the ad, but I could tell from the photo.

I am looking forward to the spring cleaning season, there should be more deals popping up with the weather improving around here.

• Like 1

Iv had the same thing happen several times and it took me by storm. The best one i really just stumbled on was about 3 years ago i found off craigslist a guy with 4 pairs of speakers 2 amps and a receiver, thats the way it was listed had 2 pics and they were real dark and had no idea what they were but i decided to check it out. Ended up he had 2 pair of boston acoustics refoamed 1 pair a150 other pair a200, a pair of refoamed infinity 110's and 112's, a sony cd player, 2 crown amps, and 2 receivers. He just redone his living room and doing some cleaning and was buying a 90 some inch tv already had his new "loud system"the way he called it lol. Anyhow the listing was for what i just listed and he was asking $100 no kidding. I actually had the nerve to ask if he would take 80 and he took it. He owned and ran a napa service shop a half block away and he was just taking a late lunch. So he took me to the back of his house in a storage room and he and his wife helped me carry it all out to my truck, a little 03 crew cab sonoma i had at the time it was a mess getting everything in the bed with 2 of the bostons sitting next to me in the passenger seat. He then straight offered me an 80 inch dlp and i had just been robbed and needed a tv so i had to drive back i got it for 200 and he gave me the stand. My truck bed was small i only had 1 strap but i drove all the way through town slowly with the tv and a sweet stand. I did look them over while at their house but was a bit overwhelmed. They were tossing all this stuff at me and i was seeing nothing but blur. Im trying to think about it now and i dont have 1 thing from that deal left now 3 years later. I traded a pair of bostons for an old tube amp. Sold the 110's for $100. Traded the other bostons for an adcom pre. I guess i do have 1 of the crown amps in a stack in the closet. The 80 inch tv i sold for 400 and the stand 50. 1 receiver i gave to a friend the other i sold for 25. The cd player i traded in a bundle along with 1 of the amps. And ended up basically destroying the boston 150's messing with them as surrounds about the time i joined this forum.

Thats the craziest deal iv had and had a couple other 2 trip clist buys. may not of been a homerun but actually i found it to be more stressful than anything. I wouldnt even bother like that today. Only if it were klipsch or something rare vintage or idk what id do. I never check any ads unless they have klipsch tubes or crown maybe adcom gear is occasional and sure all the obvious great deals that are around very rarely but honestly id prefer some young person with little money getting involved with audio to get stuff so i pass anymore. I have way too much stuff. I'm very content although try to check clist. ya just never know

• Like 4

That Damn jweber pointed out a pair of La Scala's that Carl said was in the area I live in. So I pretty much felt obligated to make the 15 to 20 minute drive to check them out. And of course I had to bring them home with me after listening to them. I had a good time talking with the gentleman and looking and listening to his Wall of Reel to Reels. Looked like some really nice professional stuff to me.

They are black now, but I believe they were Lacquered Birch to begin with. I don't know if I can sand the worst scratch out or not. The others should be easy enough. I'd like to bring them into the house and use with an old set of tubes for rear speakers to go with my Khorns.

Anyhow that's my story.

Oh you gotta keep an eye on jweber and the other guys on this forum. They'll help ya spend your money if given 1/2 a chance!

I wish jweber would just post all of his gear on craigslist so i could go meet him, buy his killer gear and then come back here and post what i good deal jweber gave me! Yeah he has a keen eye with his knowledge and search skills combined to empty our wallets :lol:

• Like 3

Ya'll have it all wrong. opusk2k9 is the Craigslist Killer Deal Finder King. Talking about relieving the bulge in my wallet!!! Because of him, I bought a second pair of KLF-30, RF-63, RC-7, RS-7 and I don't know what else he would have led me to....Thanks Brandon :emotion-21::emotion-22:

As for those who I have helped spend money - you're welcome. :D

• Like 2

Ah ha! Wow thats quite a big deal! I was completely in left field basically where i guess god put me to begin with lol

I had no idea when i was writing lol but i realize now duh...who posts there all the time :lol:

when i have money sure i read you guys posting great buys. im getting broke now so i dont read there anymore lol

Yeah opusk2k9!! Sounds like you owe somebody at least a christmas card for through our next few reincarnations in through klipschheaven :o:lol: lol

Good nit! thats gotta be a record there. Well anyhow pilgrimage at jwebers! And opusk2k9 gets first run at pin the klipsch tag on the khorn lol

• Like 3

One more deal disclosure to get back on topic.

Package deal:

pair of walnut lacquer cornwalls

Yamaha M-80 power amp (250 Wpc and will drive 3 pair of speakers)

Yamaha C-80 preamp

Yamaha T-80 tuner

Yamaha K-1020 cassette

Denon DP-61F turntable (nice and working, but no cover)

cables, speaker wires, etc. He would have thrown in the stereo cabinet if I had room.

He was asking $850, but emailed me that he had some issues with the power supply, so he dropped the price to $700.

P.S. other than a missing speaker connector, the power amp seems fine to me.

• Like 2

Mint KP-201's for $25.00.

You selling or buying?

I bought them for that price, posted about the good deal I got and Marshall down in FL called me within an hour and bought them. This was a couple years ago.

I hope ya got $30 out of them for your time.

I hope ya got $30 out of them for your time.

It was a Monty Pythion negotiation. Marshall knew how much I got them for but wanted to give me what they were actually worth. I bought them cheap and wanted to pass along a good deal. He started high and I started low and we met in the middle.