Unexpected snowstorm here and sub 20 Deg. weather, you get this

JL Sargent

Check it out guys. The traffic here is insane!!! School buses stuck with loads of kids. All kinds of people stuck up and down the road. Here is a picture of HWY 280 in Birmingham today. It's crazy here. I tried three different routes before I could get home today.

post-32707-0-69020000-1390949398_thumb.j

Was expected for the last 3 days; they called school off here; we got a whopping inch of snow.

No, supposed to be in South Alabama. We are North Central. We were supposed to get a light dusting with no accumulation. We got 1.5" here and it's wet and slick

Selma Alabama has gotten 8" so far today. I suspect that hasn't happened in decades. People are stuck all over the place. One elementary school still has 125 students with no way to leave. National Guard is transporting some folks.

Dam*n.... all that bad, cold, wet weather and the college football season is over and only one pro game left. Life is not fair... :emotion-45:

Check it out guys. The traffic here is insane!!! School buses stuck with loads of kids. All kinds of people stuck up and down the road. Here is a picture of HWY 280 in Birmingham today. It's crazy here. I tried three different routes before I could get home today.

I can hear it now. "whut the heck is all this white stuff doin' heah?"

Canadians have to deal with the most snow each year, so they are prepared.

Nothing can prepare those who have never experienced how slippery this stuff make the roads. I'm sure the insurance companies will be busy for a while.

• Moderators

Mostly sleet here, schools were closed and most roads and interstate also. Think this is bad look at the Indy forecast, -5 the other night, I love the South.

It's 1 degree here right now. Downright balmy!! It was about -10 this morning, not including windchill. I'm over it.

Our local news station just reported that 1200 B'ham area kids spent the night at their schools last night. Could you imagine taking care of a classroom full of say 1st graders overnight? Most of those kids have probably never spent the night away from home. What a ordeal.

• Like 1

The National Guard for a weensy little snowstorm? C'mon. If the place is this pitifully ill prepared for a little frosty time then do the panic shopping and lock yourselves indoors for the duration. North idaho here............ nobody bats an eye unless we get over 18" in a 6 hour period. And, you'll never hear about us on the news when it occurs.