Jubilee and tubes

whatever55

In the search bar of Ebay punch in: 'class a tube' very educational, iv purchased two from a guy called "Primamp" out of hongkong, yes they are imported, but remember these Chinese are smart cookies, they have taken Fisher, Marantz, Macintosh, and others and reproduced them. I have bought them and will continue to buy them. I will stand these amps up to anything anyone has American made or otherwise.

From my dealing with this guy in hongkong, it seems there is a boatload of class a freaks over there also, so the equipment needs to be top notch, because you know over there they shoot each other when pizzed off........just my two cents.

P.S. the Ebay deals are indeed killer, but its the dam shipping that's the pisser.

Edited by minermark

I think you would change your tune if you could hear side by side a "reconditioned" H.H. Scott, McIntosh and Marantz against any of the Chinese amps. I've looked into the differences between sound and spec's of the transformers and found the Chinese amps lacking. Especially the projected soundstage and presence. Imo.

I just connected my ampsandsound.com stereo 15 to my jub clone cabs and I am very pleased with the results. Of course I am active so I am using a different amp on top.

Interesting.... I am currently using McIntosh 252 with active dx38 and if would add tubes it would be to the top end.

I just connected my ampsandsound.com stereo 15 to my jub clone cabs and I am very pleased with the results. Of course I am active so I am using a different amp on top.

Interesting.... I am currently using McIntosh 252 with active dx38 and if would add tubes it would be to the top end.

Yeah, I am using ampsandsound.com Little Ben Sorry I should have identified it.

I'm picking up a pair of Jubilee's on Saturday. My plan is to bi-amp them using a McIntosh 275 tube amp and a McIntosh MC 2105 ss amp. I hope that this works out well.....

Will you be using an active crossover ?

Am interested how that will sound ....

No... These Jub's are currently set up with a passive crossover....

Congrats on the Jub purchase, I suspected it would not be long before you tried the Koolaid,,

My system is active with 300b pushins the Tads on top & a Crown k2 for the bass bins. Would love to hear your passive xover. I have tried several amps & have been happy with the 300's, I bet the 275 willl sound good also, I had a new Mc 275 mk6 in the loop for a while. Cask is for sure the most knowledgeable & experienced in our area, but if you would like to chat would love to hear from you.

Good luck my friend, your in for a real treat- stay thirsty & keep the platters spinning.