Scotch & Cigars & Tunes

minermark

Duder-nice glasses!

I've (kinda) given up RBVs because of the racing heart. The maduro sounds like a good idea too!

That does happen. I usually only go through a can of red bull but end up with more vodka.
  • Like 1

Scotch, cigars, and tunes. I'll take one of each right now. No, wait. I'd like a lot of all three right now!

Duder, read through this thread and you will find many recommendations.

That's a good point. I just didn't want to get to high price of a bottle, something around $60.00 or so.
  • Like 1

Afternoonearly evening gang

Up from Nap.

Thinkin about a Little Corona and a wee nip of the good stuff.

I notice the wife is up from her Nap also, so i say something about dinner, not asking WHAT we are having, im asking IF we are having dinner at all  :o ......Ah Retirement :)  

I tried some of a buddies scotch and it was pretty smooth. I was thinking instead of my normal bottle of Templeton rye, I would give some scotch a try. Any recommendations?

Tasting at a good Pub is the most reasonable way to find something that you like.

Single Malts is what i stick with, rarely get a hangover if i Nip a little too much.

I say a Pub because unless you have a bud who can give you a sample it gets pretty expensive buying something to try it.

Most Pubs/Bars will give you a slight taster if you ask them.

• Like 1

Give another option or two! I've got a Macallan under the bar too. I'm down with the scotch and the more choices the better.

Yeah the Macallen, never aquired the taste, and that is not because i have not tried ! many of time i walk into an establisment and ask what is their finest Single Malt, comes back as the Macallan more often than not.

12, 16, and 25, had them all, you either like/love or move on till you do. that is the only reason i tripped across the Lagavulin about 10 years back.

Just crackin the first bottle of Distillers Edition the other night as reflected in Post #450, sitting here this morning looking at my Amp rack and noticed the "Bypass" button was depressed, This meaning wile i was somewhat pushin the bejeses out of this thing, i was feeding the Active a BS signal  :o And here iv been thinkin the new Scotch is pretty Tasty/Harmless.

Ah, another lesson learned...... :mellow:

Is the Lagavulin your favorite?

For about the last ten years, this new Distillers Edition is only out about one month a year, so im always looking for a "New": taste.

The word "Peaty" comes into play a lot, the way i describe it is:

We have ALL sit around a Oak Campfire, we know the sent/aroma/smell, with Lagavulin 16, your Drinking the flavor/sent of Oak.

I never will have an adverse word on what scotch another man prefers, aquired taste is what it's all about.

I run into a few guys that swear by Glenfiddich, now these are the gents i will be more than happy to buy a round of something different weather it be my Lagavulin or something else.

I had for the longest time not wished to break out of the norm, but Dam man once i did start trying something different, there is NO going back.  

Edited by minermark

I cannot recommend high enough go to a first class Pub/Bar, ask what is their Single Malt selection.

Ask for just a taste of something that you have not had, if ya like it, $10 to even $15 Bucks for a drink is still cheaper than $50 to a $100 for something you did not know the taste of before you bought it.

Believe me iv done it, just on listening to a friend. Taste first :emotion-21::emotion-46::emotion-21:

Day off has been determined, crankin tunes, everything from Enya, to Ozzy, got to keep the neighbors wondering? WTF?

Lagavulin 16 is-a-flowin w/corona chaser, care to join me?

Edited by minermark