Ordered My First Projector

TasDom

I placed my order yesterday for an Epson 6030UB and a Vapex motorized 120" tensioned screen.

This is my first leap into the projector world and I'm very excited (and nervous) to get it all set up.

I'll have about 12.5' of throw distance (max) so the 120" will fit my needs very well. Still a couple weeks out until everything is received but I'll update once I receive everything......... :)

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=V11H587020MB

http://www.visualapex.com/Projector-Screens/Projector_Screen_Details.asp?chPartNumber=VAPEX9120TN

• Like 3

I placed my order yesterday for an Epson 6030UB and a Vapex motorized 120" tensioned screen.

This is my first leap into the projector world and I'm very excited (and nervous) to get it all set up.

I'll have about 12.5' of throw distance (max) so the 120" will fit my needs very well. Still a couple weeks out until everything is received but I'll update once I receive everything......... :)

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=V11H587020MB

http://www.visualapex.com/Projector-Screens/Projector_Screen_Details.asp?chPartNumber=VAPEX9120TN

In the Defense trade, Epson is what we run. you have done well. congrats.

If you haven't had a projector before... You are going to be in Heaven now! I have been watching everything on projectors since about 1990. We started out with a 10' 4x3 screen, then a 106" 16x9, and now a 134" 16x9. We watch TV, Movies, and browse the internet on it too!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the screen last week and all mounted up. The projector will be here on Thursday providing UPS doesn't screw it up.

Here's my first attempt at a YouTube video. I used a crappy Minolta camera with an even crappier built in mic but oh well it's still viewable :emotion-53: Enjoy!

The projector showed up on Thursday and after the initial set up, I am truly amazed! I'm so glad I got off the fence and finally did it.

Here's a few pics of the set up.

The projector came with a nice ceiling mount but having that long extension column hanging down to clear my ceiling fan just didn't appeal to me. I took a chance on the wall mount that Monoprice offers. It's built like a tank and perfect for where I needed to position the projector. Great price on this also.

post-51278-0-38200000-1394341747_thumb.j

post-51278-0-28840000-1394341825_thumb.j

The horizontal beam where I mounted it has a 1/2" lip. I trimmed that with "T" molding and created a channel to run my cables out of sight.

post-51278-0-19880000-1394342037_thumb.j

post-51278-0-28600000-1394342080_thumb.j

Projector mounted

post-51278-0-98440000-1394342248_thumb.j

post-51278-0-15160000-1394342281_thumb.j

post-51278-0-93400000-1394342338_thumb.j

post-51278-0-70600000-1394342383_thumb.j

The screen is a 120" electric from Visual Apex

post-51278-0-42760000-1394342479_thumb.j

Here a couple of screen shots

Gravity

post-51278-0-62040000-1394342573_thumb.j

Pacific Rim

post-51278-0-82880000-1394342628_thumb.j

Thanks to all that answered my PM's and text messages throughout this process. Popcorn and beer is on me so come by anytime!

• Like 1

From one Billy to another, Awesome!

Great look in your HT! Well done on hiding wiring and nice trim job around the mount!

I imagine it is quite the immersive experience?

Don't tell anybody I asked (a lot of naysayers out there), but how does the projected 3D look? (Yes, I am one of the few who likes 3D once in a while for movies or gaming.)

Now that Panasonic quit making plasmas, think I will make the jump too to a projector on my next HT upgrade. I will try to locate your questions thread. (Or did you get all of your answers through pm/email?)

Congrats!

Billy

Edited by Rhetor

Very nice looking congratulations.

Awsome billy. Your in heaven right now :)

From one Billy to another, Awesome!

Great look in your HT! Well done on hiding wiring and nice trim job around the mount!

I imagine it is quite the immersive experience?

Don't tell anybody I asked (a lot of naysayers out there), but how does the projected 3D look? (Yes, I am one of the few who likes 3D once in a while for movies or gaming.)

Now that Panasonic quit making plasmas, think I will make the jump too to a projector on my next HT upgrade. I will try to locate your questions thread. (Or did you get all of your answers through pm/email?)

Congrats!

Billy

Thank you.....

The 3-D is incredible and my first in home experience. The glasses that came with the PJ are rechargeable RF and pair to the PJ. My daughter and I watched Gravity and it brought you into the film as if you were actually there. I've seen a few 3d movies at the theater but was never that impressed but when you have things floating at and around you in your own home, the wow factor (for me anyways) really kicks in.

I didn't start a question thread Rhetor. Just a lot of reading, reviews and direct questions. Here's one of the reviews for the projector I chose.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epson_6030ub_projector_review.htm

Edited by Tasdom