Post of the Year

oldtimer

Awesome. I don't think I could name just one favorite over the years. Tatum definitely had the persona though.

back in early 90s, i was in the Coast Guard stationed in Michigan. Raiders came to town to play the Lions. Monday Night game at the Silverdome. it was Bo Jackson vs Barry Sanders. Raiders won a wild one. Both teams scored on their first offensive play. I was there! Loved Bo Jackson, what an athlete.

Ken Stabler said there is no reason a player can't study the playbook by the light of jukebox.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators
i'm a little bit impressed.

Your right it's very impressive, it's addicting I am weak and had to try it myself. You know you don't have to make us feel worse, we already know we all can't all be you and that's hard enough to deal with all by itself. :(

My hopes are to one day meet the great BSM myself, I promise to control myself, don't worry I can do it. :excl2:

would you even help me cross the street? (anyone that's been on the forum for a while will get that one).

Yes I would, of course, it's like lightning what's the chances it could happen twice. Chances are probably much higher, I would still do it.

• Like 1

i'm a little bit impressed.

Your right it's very impressive, it's addicting I am weak and had to try it myself. You know you don't have to make us feel worse, we already know we all can't all be you and that's hard enough to deal with all by itself. :(

My hopes are to one day meet the great BSM myself, I promise to control myself, don't worry I can do it. :excl2:

would you even help me cross the street? (anyone that's been on the forum for a while will get that one).

Yes I would, of course, it's like lightning what's the chances it could happen twice. Chances are probably much higher, I would still do it.

Your a gentleman and a scholar; but, don't bet against lightening. I've had two more close calls at that very same spot. I don't cross there anymore. Not sure if i told you but the night it happened, i was walking to a fast food joint called Del Taco (i go there about 7 days a week). My kids came to the trauma center, one of them says, "Dad we always thought Del Taco would kill you; but, we thought it would be a heart attack." A lady asked me how I lost 50 pounds eating at del taco so much. I told her "it's magic food."

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

• Moderators
I've had two more close calls at that very same spot. I don't cross there anymore.

Well I don't blame you at all, those close calls had to bring back bad memories.

What is a Raider ? Must be from star wars movie or something.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

Just kidding, wanted to get you fired up, everyone knows what the Raider nation is.

It's the place to go watch a game when your team plays them, if you want an azz whipping for cheering for anyone but the raiders.

And it would be smart to wear a Raiders jersey to and from the car in the parking lot, just as a precaution.

:D

Anyway if I made it all the way to the left coast I wouldn't be going to a game, I would be doing something safer like dodging cars and trucks with BSM trying to get some of that magic food, we don't have Del Taco's here.

Edited by dtel

Just kidding, wanted to get you fired up, everyone knows what Raider nation is.

It's the place to go watch a game when your team plays them, if you want an azz whipping for cheering for anyone but the raiders.

And it would be smart to wear a Raiders jersey to and from the car in the parking lot, just as a precaution.

:D

live dangerously … nothing like hanging out at the BART station at night after a Raider loss. In case you've never been there, it's quite a place. Walking across the freeway from the train station, you see this big, gray cement building, the walkway across the freeway is barbed wire. Even the chicks looks scary sometimes. It's really looks like you're walking into a maximum security prison. But, i was born right down the road. so it's what every football stadium should look like.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Live dangerously, that's fine but I really like the living part of that so I don't know about that and I can not run very fast or that far.

But if I ever wanted to kill myself I would buy the jersey of whoever they played and walked that way after the game running my mouth. It would be like football fan assisted suicide. :wacko:

• Like 2

I was at a Dodger/Giants game a few years back and a big fight broke out after the game. There was a bunch of people getting involved. My brother in law is drunk and decides that he wants in on the fun, so he enter the mix. i grabbed his 10 year son and walked to safety. Funny, thing … i wanted to go to the Raiders/Cleveland game the next day, so did the brother in law. His wife said no that we couldn't take her son to a Raider game -- it was too dangerous. I don't think he ever told her that he left her son to join a fight at the baseball game.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators

Internet died last night for a few hours, it was very slow or not at all.

I don't think he ever told her that he left her son to join a fight at the baseball game.

That's one fight he was not willing to be in, he could not win, it does sound like relly dumb thing to do.

• 5 months later...