Post of the Year

oldtimer

• 4 weeks later...

The winner is Thebes.  There may have been better, but if there were they were not entered.  One other post deserves mention but also is in another category and is every bit a winner.  Post #73 belongs to a different show.  This one for the thread's purpose is quintessential and just may enter the Hall of Fame in its time.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147347-the-three-things-that-suck-most-about-the-beatles/page-7#entry1694021

The rebuttal, plus the praise for the real man of music, plus the comical relief of the same man's LP cover art is sheer brilliance.  Lots of posts came close, but none combined several pertinent elements into one juicy post which transcends the pettiness of the thread itself.

What's the prize Thebes may well ask?  To flatter by imitation I suggest it is a brunch with Boxx.

Edited by oldtimer

Yeah! I won, I won, I won!

Is Boxx buying?  I have expensive tastes in wine, women and food dontcha know.  I'll expect copious helpings of all three.

In humility, of all my outstanding work in that thread, I am most proud of my creation of the descriptor, Penny Sue Busom, a short three words that sums up all of mine, and I presume your, yearnings we will have in this life.

Now I must admit that controversy sells, and a smidgen of negativity may have crept into my assessment of the beatles, and certainly the words treacle and pablum may have negative connotations.

However, it's a new year and it's time to take a more positive view of things, so I hope you will will joint me in my upbeat in-depth analysis of the music and the talent displayed in that wonder of all musical extravaganzas "The Sound of Music".