You're not gonna believe this

mustang guy

I do my ancestry, and I have lots of family from central Indiana and Kentucky. I saw a Klipsch while doing research and I am related to PWK. OK, get a cup of coffee, because Family Treemaker says this is how I am related to PWK:

I am the 7th great grand nephew of the husband of the 1st great grand aunt of the wife of the grand uncle of PWK. Our common ancestor is McQueen. PWK's grandfather had a brother named Lewis Thornell Klipsch. He and Elizabeth "Lizzie" McQueen were married.

How funny is that?

I'm actually more related to most of you than him, but it cracked me up when I looked into it.

• Like 3

I would change my name on here to Pauls nephew then get going on the paperwork. Its destiny! I's totally be stoked. I do some tree family tree stuff too. My mothers mom was a lee(direct descendent of robert e lee)my mothers dad was a custer(yes sir general custer). They said that the Custer-Lee blood would never mix well it did less than 100 years later in 1951 with the birth of my mother. I will possibly own gear off the battlefield that the both of them once used and are in museums today. There was actually a senator out of west virginia who claimed he was a descendent. He has no decuments like I do. I have an original picture of george washington over 200 years old on my wall that once was on Lee's wall. I am proudly a beeker tho yet again that name has been modified a couple times.

Now on the other hand if i were a Klipsch my heart would skip a couple beats. True heritage wether it be Klipsch(pun intended)or Miller. I find it to be very important to go beyond a study. To be kept in the heart to live on. Sincerely. In my opinion as time do we get better. Maybe higher intelligence. And i often think the greatest thing we have got in only the past 80 years is a smile. I truly wonder though were the human species meant to smile. Many electronics cause us so much joy here but cause so much pain over seas. I mean why get in the big effing hurry. Why use gas. Just get a horse and i am dead serious and i smile all the time cause the friends around me are laughing at me and im laughing at them :lol: lol many blessings Craig.......Klipsch nephew!thats awsome!

• Like 3

I do my ancestry, and I have lots of family from central Indiana and Kentucky. I saw a Klipsch while doing research and I am related to PWK. OK, get a cup of coffee, because Family Treemaker says this is how I am related to PWK:

I am the 7th great grand nephew of the husband of the 1st great grand aunt of the wife of the grand uncle of PWK. Our common ancestor is McQueen. PWK's grandfather had a brother named Lewis Thornell Klipsch. He and Elizabeth "Lizzie" McQueen were married.

How funny is that?

I'm actually more related to most of you than him, but it cracked me up when I looked into it.

Seriously?

How funny is that?

Seriously?

LOL, yes, April fools was yesterday...

How funny is that?

Seriously?

LOL, yes, April fools was yesterday...

That's pretty cool! I have two well known ancestors also. My great uncle from my dad's side "Ogden Nash" was an author and poet and from my mom's side "Jesse James"

• Like 2

Well there you go, strange a name you would recognize would come up that far down the tree, you never know.

I am actually extremely into ancestry. I was working on mom's side. She grew up in Indianapolis. Klipsch popped up as a husband of a sister of a Logsdon.

Some of my Indiana surnames are (from most to least related):

GP: Stovall, Jent

GGP: Lanpher, Butram, Logsdon, Little

GGGP: Purdue, Chaffin, Brashear, Dyer, Rinehart, Wall, Tracy, Binnion, Doss, Boston

GGGGP: Owen, Poole, Smelser, Sidebottom, Ward, Waymire, Leffler, Epling, Johnson, Stinson, Driver, Hundley

This was my grandfather, Wilbur Condiff Stovall, Jr:

47dd8d95-3146-412a-bce0-1f2a1ded4e81.jpg

He was an engineer, and held many patents. Some of them I can find in patent searches, and most I can't. One of them I remember but can't find was a hotdog cooker. I would love to track that down. If anybody is good at patent searches my whole family would love to see them.

edit: We called him Uncle Dudley. He didn't like to be called gradnpa or anything like that. Nobody knows where he came up with "Dudley". :) Here is is business card when he lived in Cleveland:

11857831-8570-4231-b008-0df8c659b1f4.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

That is a wonderful picture...It is truly better than art photograghy today imo. They really do say more words than can be said. The more you look the more to think about.

2013 my wife and i spent over $600 online doing ancestry work. It is missing in the spirit of the times. The world at 1900 had what like 100million now almost 700million. going back another 100years and another 100 years it only grew. I did find ancestry.com farely wishy washy and i had to fill in gaps on my dads side. My grandmother was avid at the style of ancestry research of days past and I filled the Liest/Sawyer(my dads gp/gm-ancestry).

One thing i know. For us people not being "royal blood" i feel at least we have better genetics than all the inscest that was actually very easy to keep the royal family tree in tact :lol: (sure they know their blood line for a thousand years they married sisters and cousins)I actually know of a wealthy family i better not state too much although they keep a very strong drive to keep their old money with thereselves. With distant cousins it seems easy although its has been scientifically proven to create fouled genetics to say the least. I will say at the same time its interesting to think about with the ramped divorce rate maybe inbread host genetics result in no divorce rate. Gives me a sickening feeling nonetheless

man i type slow. i walk slow too(sometimes). as i prefer talk slow lol

This was my grandfather, Wilbur Condiff Stovall, Jr:

47dd8d95-3146-412a-bce0-1f2a1ded4e81.jpg

He was an engineer, and held many patents. Some of them I can find in patent searches, and most I can't. One of them I remember but can't find was a hotdog cooker. I would love to track that down. If anybody is good at patent searches my whole family would love to see them.

I didnt read as well as i thought the 1st time that is really interesting. And I believe it 100%. Ya know thats another thing i wonder where it was lost... honesty. Bias misleading bullshit just makes everything bad. I cannot lie. I have tried. Unless its for the stake of the good. For myself i cannot. This family picture and story is very nice and distinguished. A lot of my ancestry study has been to identify health issues...gets intersting. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you there mustang! Intellect must stay close to the tree!

That is a wonderful picture...It is truly better than art photograghy today imo. They really do say more words than can be said. The more you look the more to think about.

2013 my wife and i spent over $600 online doing ancestry work. It is missing in the spirit of the times. The world at 1900 had what like 100million now almost 700million. going back another 100years and another 100 years it only grew. I did find ancestry.com farely wishy washy and i had to fill in gaps on my dads side. My grandmother was avid at the style of ancestry research of days past and I filled the Liest/Sawyer(my dads gp/gm-ancestry).

One thing i know. For us people not being "royal blood" i feel at least we have better genetics than all the inscest that was actually very easy to keep the royal family tree in tact :lol: (sure they know their blood line for a thousand years they married sisters and cousins)I actually know of a wealthy family i better not state too much although they keep a very strong drive to keep their old money with thereselves. With distant cousins it seems easy although its has been scientifically proven to create fouled genetics to say the least. I will say at the same time its interesting to think about with the ramped divorce rate maybe inbread host genetics result in no divorce rate. Gives me a sickening feeling nonetheless

man i type slow. i walk slow too(sometimes). as i prefer talk slow lol

My wife is her own 6th cousin. No kidding....

In fact, we all are our own cousins. The further up the ancestral line you go, the fewer the people there are. All the way back to Noah and his wife, or the first monkeys that walked upright depending on your religious views. You may be your own 1,000th cousin, but you are most definitely your own cousin.

Another thing and I'll stop. For each generation, the number of ancestors exactly doubles. That means if you go back enough generations to get to the time of Christ, you have over 2.5 nonillion direct ancestors. ( 2,535,301,200,456,460,000,000,000,000,000) to be exact. The estimated world population in 1AD was between 200 and 300 million people. 250 million goes into 2.5 nonillion over 10 sextillion times.

The farther back in time you go, the more ancestors you have, and the lower the population.

Wrap your brain around that one. :)

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

I am right with you brother. I was about to state the same thing you just did almost to a T. I just feel through the evolution of man/woman we are losing so much that we could really benefit from ever so dearly. I am undertaking a couple experiments myself at this moment in time that in the thousands of pages i have wrote about other such topics ranging from involvement with community to the the 1st organism known on our planet, I will once ad. For example the reproduction rate is beyond what the earth can provide by any standard. I have religion in my life and very close to it as well. Have spoke with my god and he has spoke back. I just wish the best for all persons and the pets they hold tight as well. I will digress a bit more and say the internet for 1 it is a fact that if we do not undergo something bad first its a tiny little part that will fail. Bringing so much that thrives on it to an abrupt end. My point putting what im saying together is a simple life is best for humanity to preserve the life we bring forth more than we go on this planet.

The farther back in time you go, the more ancestors you have, and the lower the population.

Exactly, if you go back far enough were all related, now that's scary. :P

It's just dumb luck that my older sisters and brothers eggs dropped before mine .

True story

That's pretty cool being related to PWK. I did some work on mine and I have it going back for a whopping 17 generations. Ephraim Sargent, my several Greats Grandfather wintered with George Washington at Valley Forge.

Edited by JL Sargent