You're not gonna believe this

mustang guy

Well there you go, strange a name you would recognize would come up that far down the tree, you never know.

I am actually extremely into ancestry. I was working on mom's side. She grew up in Indianapolis. Klipsch popped up as a husband of a sister of a Logsdon.

Some of my Indiana surnames are (from most to least related):

GP: Stovall, Jent

GGP: Lanpher, Butram, Logsdon, Little

GGGP: Purdue, Chaffin, Brashear, Dyer, Rinehart, Wall, Tracy, Binnion, Doss, Boston

GGGGP: Owen, Poole, Smelser, Sidebottom, Ward, Waymire, Leffler, Epling, Johnson, Stinson, Driver, Hundley

If the Pooles' in your family were into moonshine, we could be related. Heard a few good stories growing up.

The farther back in time you go, the more ancestors you have, and the lower the population.

Exactly, if you go back far enough were all related, now that's scary. :P

It's just dumb luck that my older sisters and brothers eggs dropped before mine .

True story

And ir a different sperm got to your mother's egg first, You could be wearing a dress! :lol:

Our parents roll the dice (or something) and get what fate delivers.

I do my ancestry, and I have lots of family from central Indiana and Kentucky. I saw a Klipsch while doing research and I am related to PWK. OK, get a cup of coffee, because Family Treemaker says this is how I am related to PWK:

I am the 7th great grand nephew of the husband of the 1st great grand aunt of the wife of the grand uncle of PWK. Our common ancestor is McQueen. PWK's grandfather had a brother named Lewis Thornell Klipsch. He and Elizabeth "Lizzie" McQueen were married.

How funny is that?

I'm actually more related to most of you than him, but it cracked me up when I looked into it.

Seriously?

LOL, yes, April fools was yesterday...

Reminds me of the song "I'm my own Grandpa."

If any interest, first link is the Ray Stevens version (the same Ray Stevens of novelty song hits such as "The Streak" & "The Haircut Song" among others) with a chart to show the various resulting relationships and the second link shows the lyrics.

While the song details many unusual relationsips that result, he atually becomes 'his own grandpa' once his father married his wife's daughter.

http://youtu.be/eYlJH81dSiw

http://youtu.be/7AvG6q_iTcA

"I'm My Own Grandpa" - Where did the tale begin?

http://www.genealogymagazine.com/grandpa.html

Our common ancestor is McQueen. PWK's grandfather had a brother named Lewis Thornell Klipsch. He and Elizabeth "Lizzie" McQueen were married.

How far are you removed from Steve?

That is a good question. I will dig up his tree and see if he has links to the regions my McQueen's are from.

That's pretty cool being related to PWK. I did some work on mine and I have it going back for a whopping 17 generations. Ephraim Sargent, my several Greats Grandfather wintered with George Washington at Valley Forge.

Man that's great! In my paternal surname it is 9 generations (canon degree 9), but in the longest line, it is 107 generations. The earliest listed birthdate was Kahlan, born in 80AD. He Was the GGGS of my earliest mapped ancestor, Kahtân.

edit: correction, he was my 74th GGF. I have an older one, but my tree is so big, I don't know where he is. I only found Kahlan because he was listed as the earliest birthdate.

Well there you go, strange a name you would recognize would come up that far down the tree, you never know.

I am actually extremely into ancestry. I was working on mom's side. She grew up in Indianapolis. Klipsch popped up as a husband of a sister of a Logsdon.

Some of my Indiana surnames are (from most to least related):

GP: Stovall, Jent

GGP: Lanpher, Butram, Logsdon, Little

GGGP: Purdue, Chaffin, Brashear, Dyer, Rinehart, Wall, Tracy, Binnion, Doss, Boston

GGGGP: Owen, Poole, Smelser, Sidebottom, Ward, Waymire, Leffler, Epling, Johnson, Stinson, Driver, Hundley

If the Pooles' in your family were into moonshine, we could be related. Heard a few good stories growing up.

Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about the Poole line. It is a mystery. Rebecca Poole, my 4th GGM was married to John Young b.1783 in MD. that's it! I would sure like to unravel that mystery as would all my Stovall clansmen and women. We hate dead ends!

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

The farther back in time you go, the more ancestors you have, and the lower the population.

It's just dumb luck that my older sisters and brothers eggs dropped before mine .

True story

And ir a different sperm got to your mother's egg first, You could be wearing a dress! :lol:

How do you know he isn't? :)

I do my ancestry, and I have lots of family from central Indiana and Kentucky. I saw a Klipsch while doing research and I am related to PWK. OK, get a cup of coffee, because Family Treemaker says this is how I am related to PWK:

I am the 7th great grand nephew of the husband of the 1st great grand aunt of the wife of the grand uncle of PWK. Our common ancestor is McQueen. PWK's grandfather had a brother named Lewis Thornell Klipsch. He and Elizabeth "Lizzie" McQueen were married.

How funny is that?

I'm actually more related to most of you than him, but it cracked me up when I looked into it.

Seriously?

LOL, yes, April fools was yesterday...

Reminds me of the song "I'm my own Grandpa."

If any interest, first link is the Ray Stevens version (the same Ray Stevens of novelty song hits such as "The Streak" & "The Haircut Song" among others) with a chart to show the various resulting relationships and the second link shows the lyrics.

While the song details many unusual relationsips that result, he atually becomes 'his own grandpa' once his father married his wife's daughter.

http://youtu.be/eYlJH81dSiw

http://youtu.be/7AvG6q_iTcA

"I'm My Own Grandpa" - Where did the tale begin?

http://www.genealogymagazine.com/grandpa.html

People joke that the family trees in Appalachia are telephone poles. :)

True story

How do you know he isn't? :)

With a name like sunburnwilly I just presumed he's a he. However a dress could explain that

sun burnt willy. :unsure:

Edited by Taz

Ill throw in my two cents as a warning, watch out for just exactly how much you wish to know about where you came from!

About six years ago my cousin Deb calls from Vegas, tells me she is doing the family research, tells me she is willing to pay for a DNA test but it must come from a male member of the family and im the only one "Handy".

Sooo, I take the $1800+ test, turns out I am 101% from Dublin so that means everything we were told, everything we were brought up with was Bullshit!

Everyone in the family is pissed, after showing the paper trail, finely they come to believe.

The ENTIRE family has listed me as the "Blacksheep" im the one, it's all "MY" fault the entire generation(s) of my name was a fabrication.

The little bit of research I did then told me everything, when there were more than 10 members of a family that were getting on the boat, the rest had to be staying in Dublin, or take another name, and with THAT, is how I got the name I grew up with, my real name would be Payne, not what it is now.

Makes perfect sense to me, having a passion for Scotch and Guinness.........

Was afraid I'd find Tories, or much worse, Yankees, in my ancestors, if I went back to the 1st & 2d Wars of Independence.

Nope; family name PAYNE; Ensign at the Siege of Yorktown during the 1st his grandson Colour Sergeant of the 14th Mississippi Infantry during the 2d.

Ensign is an obsolete Army Officer rank who carried the Colours.